My little winge.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2005, 19:05   #1 (permalink)

My little winge..

I just want to have a little bitch about how long my cars been at the shop for. Its been off the road for just bout 4 months from now and they have had it for well over 2 months. Now it was origionally in to get the intercooler fitted and a chip put in and then dyno it. Ive done everything else so theres not much to do.
They said it shouldnt take any longer than a couple of weeks, it took them over a month to fit an intercooler and chip all because they had to wait for some piddly bit of piping and a module or something for the chip. OK thats cool, still took bloody ages, well over what they said.
Now they rang me at the start of last week saying the clutch shit itself on the dyno. Not their fault, but HOW LONG DOES IT F*CKING TAKE TO DO A CLUTCH!!! They told me that there shouldnt be ANY trouble by having it back by end of this week (which was last week), I ring them up at the end of the week and they told me that the flywheel needs to be modified to take the new clutch, which he said will only take half a day, and then a few hours ontop of that to get the box in and tune it up...bout a days work say!
Now I ring them up AGAIN this tuesday and they said yeah we just have to modify the flywheel and get the clutch and put it all back together and shell be right. What the f*ck are they doing? How hard is it to f*cking ring the clutch guy and say I need this done NOW? Im sure theyd understand!
Once again, another week gone and sure enough I ring them today and they STILL haven't done jack shit yet!!! I was absolutely steaming!!! I would have thought they had definately done it, its only a days bloody work for f*ck sake! Im a patient guy but when they tell you yeah yeah definately this week, they have said that f*cking so many times its not funny!! Everytime they say yeah hopefully next week im just thinking yeah f*cking right!
Ahhh.. anyone else had this problem with places like that? Where your car just seems to take FOR EVER! Let alone it took AGES to get parts in for everthing else...I just wish theyd stop bullshitting me and being so damn lazy about it...its like they are just working on it on the side u know? Its my transport for f*ck sake! Dont they relise that?? Am I being impatiant or are they just taking me for a looooong ride? Feels like ive f*ckn waited forever. If they got their ass into gear and organised some shit they would have had it done EASY by last week, now there saying maybe next week!!!
Sorry to bitch but I feel a little better now.
bluethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2005, 21:04   #2 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Re: My little winge..

karma , karma ...... dude

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 03:49   #3 (permalink)

Karma is right
Ranger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 06:22   #4 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

I had similar drama's with a repairer when I went for the cam work. Further damage (stuffed guides) was found when the motor was opened up.

It took a while to fix however I kind of let it go as the mechanic was short staffed at the time plus still took on the work despite the short notice of the big job that ended up being needed to be done (damn regrind cam prob + other stuff).

In the end, I waited extra long but the work was done properly first time and he stuck to his guns on the original price quoted despite the extra time taken to do it. I definately came out on top plus the shop was really helpful. I'd definately go back there again.

If the work is done properly when you get the car back then at least its worth it then.

If they're just BS'ing you and making excuses then take it further.
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip

Last edited by loxxr6; 03-12-2005 at 06:23. Reason: more text
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 13:33   #5 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

An aquaintance is waiting for their car to be resprayed; just had it's 3rd year anniversary at the panel shop, and all that it has had done was to be sandblasted...

But if they are stuffing you around, find another workshop and arrange for a tow truck to collect the car and deliver it to the new workshop.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub