My take on the Tickford / Prodrive changes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2002, 18:42   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up My take on the Tickford / Prodrive changes

The fact that Prodrive is the new owner of Tickford means we won't be seeing any more wings on Fords. Nobody at Ford is talking so it's hard to say what input Ford had in the buyout.

I really believe this will work out in favour of Ford. Up to now, the hot Fords have all come from Tickford & to be honest, even though Ford have benefited from the extra sales, the Ford brand name has not seen anywhere near as much benefit.

Why? If you ask someone who owns a Tickford what car they own, they'll say a Tickford XR6/8 etc, not a Ford.

The fact that Prodrive do pretty much the same thing as Tickford but don't advertise it with wings etc, we'll still have the same (if not better) great looking & performing cars, but the Ford brand name will gain all the credit as it so richly deserves.

Again, I'm not sure if Ford had any say in the takeover but I'd be really suprised if they didn't and in the end it should prove to be a very smart move.

Mavss
mavss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2002, 00:55   #2 (permalink)

Re: My take on the Tickford / Prodrive changes

Quote:
Originally posted by mavss

Why? If you ask someone who owns a Tickford what car they own, they'll say a Tickford XR6/8 etc, not a Ford.
I disagree completely, I never have & never will refer to my car as a Tickford. I own a FORD FALCON XR6, that has had some performance enhancements carried out by Tickford.
I love the image that has been created by Ford/Tickford & believe it is a major selling point but when it comes down to it, XR's are Ford Falcons not Tickfords.
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 01:34   #3 (permalink)

I agree with ELXR6 if you asked me what car i owned, i would tell you, XR8 FORD or XR8 FALCON
XR8MICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 01:38   #4 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

Re: My take on the Tickford / Prodrive changes

Quote:
Originally posted by mavss

people that ive talked to in that situation refer to it as straight out an "XR6" or "XR8" or sumtimes "Falcon XR6" etc, ive never heard sumone say "Tickford XR6"
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 01:40   #5 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

Quote:
Originally posted by XR8MICK
I agree with ELXR6 if you asked me what car i owned, i would tell you, XR8 FORD or XR8 FALCON
beat me to it!
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 02:58   #6 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

I've always refered to my car as an XR6 Falcon, if people ask me about the difference between say a Forte and an XR6 then I'll mention that it has had treatment from Tickford.

Personally, I'm saddened at the fact that the wings might no longer be on hot Fords, but I don't think it will harm sales one little bit.
Old 08-04-2002, 03:12   #7 (permalink)
EXPERIENCED XR8 FANATIC

Originally posted by XR8MICK

same here

5 speed xr8 ,silouette in colour,17in tickford 5 spokes , momo steering wheel and momo gear knob. twin 2 1/2 inch exhaust with race magnum mufflers. custom stereo system.
DXR88U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 04:43   #8 (permalink)
GTHO4

I too referred my car as an XR8 or Falcon XR8, won't bother me if they remove the Tickford badge.... it's still a Ford.
Old 08-04-2002, 04:50   #9 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

My thoughts are that it would be a shame to see the tickford wings bannished from a performance ford (even though i doubt it very much that it will happen)

Tickford is still Tickford.. just new owners - thats how i see it.

Ford's reputation would be down the drain without Tickford. Just look at the T3 - "the best performance sedan to come out of australia"

ChuBBz
Old 08-04-2002, 04:53   #10 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

I must admit I always looked at my XR6 as both a Tickford & a Ford. I'm very dissapointed that the new XR8 won't carry any Tickford badging, but the end product is going to be a kickarse machine & that's where the pudding is IMO. It might not wear the badge, but it sure will have all the Tickford DNA it should have.

As for the name change, as I've already said, A good Branding followed by a concerted marketing campaign to get the name out there and all should be sweet. Same factory.. different signage.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub