Mystery Car Contest Week 13 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2006, 05:14   #1 (permalink)

Mystery Car Contest Week 13

Can you identify this car?? I know that vintage cars can all look alike...but this is just so easy. Be sure to read the rules here and goodluck!!...http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=124983
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2006, 14:34   #2 (permalink)

Re: Mystery Car Contest Week 13

It is a 1932 Ford Deuce Roadster Flathead
To be more specific, Ray Browns dry lakes racing 1932 Ford Deuce Flathead Roadster.
Hot rod build date was 1946

"And comin’ off the line when the light turns green
Well she blows ’em outta the water like you never seen
I get pushed out of shape and it’s hard to steer
When I get rubber in all four gears"

http://www.petersen.org/default.cfm?...1813&CarID=357
In 1945 and early 1946, 17-year old Ray Brown built his hi-boy roadster while working for Eddie Meyer Engineering in Hollywood, California. He painted the hot rod a distinctive Sherwood Green, an available 1946 Buick color, and raced it on the dry lakes in 1946 and 1947. In 1948 Ray sold the car to Bob Hutchison who took it to Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania. Hutchison retired in 1973 and moved to Las Vegas, Nevada, taking the car with him. From 1949 through 1991, the car was in dry storage and saw little use. In 1991, the roadster was discovered in untouched original condition--complete with eleven timing tags--by Kirk White who purchased it and gave it a ground-up restoration, returning the hi-boy to its original racing configuration with all correct period speed equipment. Since restoration, the car has won AACA Junior and Senior awards and was the recipient of the 1994 AACA "Past Presidents' Award," the highest honor a competition car can receive.
ZC-Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 19:43   #3 (permalink)

Very good ZC-Cruiser...1932 Ford Roadster would have been enough information though,LOL!! I wanted to make that one so easy to give more people a chance...but ah well congrat's and thanx,and you are the winner...from Luke!!
Old 03-02-2006, 00:50   #4 (permalink)

Well I'm not braggin babe so don't put me down, but I got the fastest set of wheels in town. Good song ZC Cruiser!
Jimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 00:53   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimma
Well I'm not braggin babe so don't put me down, but I got the fastest set of wheels in town. Good song ZC Cruiser!
I like the sound of a car that gets rubber in all four gears - reminds me of an old 250 3 speed Cortina my brother had - "When you have this much torque, you only need 3 gears" - classic quote...
Old 03-02-2006, 00:56   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeh
Very good ZC-Cruiser...1932 Ford Roadster would have been enough information though,LOL!! I wanted to make that one so easy to give more people a chance
If you're going to do that, we'll have to rename the game to "Obvious Car Contest" :-)
Old 03-02-2006, 03:47   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC-Cruiser
If you're going to do that, we'll have to rename the game to "Obvious Car Contest" :-)
Sound's like a great game...when do we start,LOL!!! Just also felt like giving everyone a break from the usual brain-vessel bursters and making a fun easy one!!
Old 03-02-2006, 03:51   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeh
Sound's like a great game...when do we start,LOL!!! Just also felt like giving everyone a break from the usual brain-vessel bursters and making a fun easy one!!
And it was fun too!
Had a great time digging up that info...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub