nearly converted somebody... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2002, 06:58   #1 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

nearly converted somebody...

well i work as a mechanic in a holden dealership, as a lot of you would probably know, and today somebody took their AUI XR6 auto (non VCT) in for some work, i think because we had sold it and they had a used car warranty or something... anyway, it has about 130,000k on the clock, and they were complaining about it running rough, which it was, on occasion the idle waould falter a little.

anyway, nearly everyone there LOVES holdens, not surprising. the guy that had to work on it showed me the job card as he got it and said, something like 'hey, i have your favorite car here' im like, cool, that one goes hard (i have driven it before), and hes like, no it will be a slow peice of shit like all fords, so i say, take it for a drive and then tell me, remember its a 6 and you will be impressed! obviously he didnt believe me.

so he goes for a drive to try and get an idea what the rough running thing is, when he comes bace me and another holden lover go over to see what he thinks the problem is. we will call the driver FB (Fiat Boy, he has a fiat) and the other guy HL (holden lover). the convo went a little like this:

ME: so what do you think? like it?
FB:yeah it goes hard!!
HL: really?
FB: F*CK YEAH!
HL:is it comfy, like the ride and seats?
FB F*CK YEAH!
ME: so you like it?
FB F*CK YEAH!
HL: better than a commodore?
FB:F*CK YEAH!
ME:I TOLD YOU SO!!!!
FB:yeah it still looks f*cked though
ME: well it depends on your taste, but now you know what im talking about when i say falcons are better than commodores!!!
FB: yeah i suppose....

so, my point is, if an auto series 1 AU XR6 with 130,000k on the odo can impress a dedicated holden lover (and mechanic to boot), what will a BA do?!?!?!?!? all we gotta do is get them to be open minded enough to take one for a drive!!!!

P.S. it wasnt all good for FB though, he had to replace the HT leads on a hot I6 after the test drive...hehe...

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2002, 02:31   #2 (permalink)

I hope the owner doesn't frequent here, to see that a holden lover took his car and ran it hard.

Now the tricky part, converting a LS1 owner to the falcon...
:-)
Devil CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 02:48   #3 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

Is it just me, or did anyone else cop de-ja-vu? (dealership mechanic & SVT Cobra R)
Old 10-24-2002, 04:14   #4 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Yeah exactly chuBBz that's the first thing I thought off ,just how hard did this so called holden technichian push this car considering that it was in the dealers for running rough ,when will people learn that it's not their property they are gambling with.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 06:42   #5 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

At least Rollin wasnt stupid enough to post the owners number plate!

Geez...Me thinks this thread should just be deleted... Could blow up in some faces.
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 06:53   #6 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

hmmm id be very carefull with where you post that Rollin, i wouldnt want you loosing your job or ne thing now. btw why did he have to drive it hard. if its only ruff at idle? sorry but even if it was my car i wouldnt be impressed, just a thought always, always treat it as if it was yours normaly, not how u treat it on a meet like me lol or when ur racing down the highway, im not saying that ur in the wrong here im just saying to watch what you say on the forums, dont say that i didnt tell u its a mate watching out for a mate i dont want to see ne thing happen 2 u or ur job because of this

White NL Fairlane Ghia, 'TQE', Superlows, Limo Tint, Pacemaker Tuned length comp spec extractors and lukey exhaust system with 5L cat, ported/polished head to flow 330hp, custom grind AU BILLET cam, chiptorque HP4 reprogramable chip, Alpine MP3/DVD/CD headunit, 550W alpine V series AMP, 12' Alpine Sub, 18" Advanti Chrome Alloys.

191.3RWHP 15.301@92MPH willowbank raceway. ghay 3.08 single spinner:(
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 17:49   #7 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

My old man took his XG ute to a Auto Electricians to have the Air Conditioner fixed. It wasn't turning on. Switch was stuffed.

Instead of starting the car and seeing if the AC worked, he took it for a drive.

He didn't catch the bonnet properly, and it open at high speed.

Lots of damage. The guy lost his job.

Moral to the story. Inless you have to drive the car, don't. Because anything can happen. And you may end up in the Dole line.
Old 10-25-2002, 00:49   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuBBz
Is it just me, or did anyone else cop de-ja-vu? (dealership mechanic & SVT Cobra R)
yep! exactly what i was thing, but he was smart, didnt get into detail!:)
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 04:44   #9 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

no nothing like the cobra R!!!! only to the end of first gear, which i dunno what it is an the AUs, but not even exceeding the speed limit where he drove it. the test drive only went for about 10mins.

i forgot to mention that the guy was complaining of a clunk in the front suspension also, and that was the reason for the test drive!!! no he didnt flog it, we have enough sense not to do that, you never know who is watching!

on my test drives though i do have a section of dead end road with nothing there, and i do a 0-just into second gear run, using the normal shift mode in the auto. i stop, hold it flat until just after the car picks second gear, that way i can check for detonation, missfires and also slip/flaring in the auto in the space of about 10 seconds- its not flogging a car, its making it do what holden designed it to and checking if its performance is sub standard - a lot of times i catch a missfire before the customer knows it there, 99.9% of the time its the leads' fault, so i save them an extra trip to the dealership a couple of weeks later, when the car comes in with a "car missfiring after last service" complaint - you would be amazed what people will try and blame you for if you do a service on their car - you have to make sure and note everything, otherwise customers try and blame you for stuff - i had one the other week "oil leak since last service" - it was the rear main seal on a V6 commodore. what do they think i did? remove the gearbox and put a nick in the seal, then refit the gearbox, just for fun?!?!?!?!

the actual purpose of the other post was to show you people that if a holden lover can drive a AUI and come away very impressed, the BA will floor them!

PS the complaint was of running rough in general, not just at idle, so he had to go for a drive to diagnose that anyway!

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 04:51   #10 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

gotcha thanks for clearing that up
:)

White NL Fairlane Ghia, 'TQE', Superlows, Limo Tint, Pacemaker Tuned length comp spec extractors and lukey exhaust system with 5L cat, ported/polished head to flow 330hp, custom grind AU BILLET cam, chiptorque HP4 reprogramable chip, Alpine MP3/DVD/CD headunit, 550W alpine V series AMP, 12' Alpine Sub, 18" Advanti Chrome Alloys.

191.3RWHP 15.301@92MPH willowbank raceway. ghay 3.08 single spinner:(
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub