need help on performance upgrades on a 1999 crown vic p71 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 18:25   #1 (permalink)

need help on performance upgrades on a 1999 crown vic p71

hi i just got a 1999 crown vic p91 and was woundering what are good engine mods i could put on for horse power and what would i need to upgrade for a supercharge if there was one out there
Georges_vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2008, 04:10   #2 (permalink)

Garage
Re: need help on performance upgrades on a 1999 crown vic p71

2 of the most important is to remove the inlet and exhaust restriction. I see cold air intake kits for trucks but not for crown vics. Search for it with google. If not a kit at least get an Amsoil dry air filter so as not to get oil on the MAF from a wet filter. Exhaust is limited by budget. A muffler or a cat back system. Shorty headers or lomg tube headers. High flow cats from Magneflow or Flowmaster. Change the rear end ratio to 3.73 or 4.10 and put in a TruTrac differential carrier. You must get a tuner. I recommend SCT X3cal or LiveWire. I got mine from 5 star tuning. There's replacing your fan with electric ones to free up more power. Cam changes and head work add more power. Look into Comp Cams for cams. Look at Livernois Motorsports for parts. A supercharger or Procharger will add power but the bottom end isn't strong enuff for high boost levels. You could just put an engine in from a Lightning. A new torque convertor and a trans mod to handle all this power and tou will be good to go.
Old 12-27-2008, 16:47   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the info Kaboom10 what about a chip and which is the best bang for the buck?
Georges_vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:39   #4 (permalink)

Garage

A X3 tuner by SCT can provide you this. Be side having a better tune you can log to a lap top and see if some PIDs need tweaking by a dealer.
kaboom10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub