Need Some Advice! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2007, 23:10   #1 (permalink)

Need Some Advice!

Hi, I am inclined to buy Ford. I am 16 and looking to get my toy/truck. I am a high school student and i am not wealthy.

I want to have fun and i want to have power. What ever i get i will want to have 4x4 for some weekend camping/off road trips.

I have been looking at Broncos, F-150s, and Rangers. Getting an F-250 diesel would be amazing but i dont think there is a way i could.

I have 4,500.

Right now i am looking at a 1988 Bronco, but i am hesitating because of gas ( living in California with gas at 3.19 a gallon is a pain)

What are you suggestions? What do you think?
Aslandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2007, 00:14   #2 (permalink)

Re: Need Some Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslandir
Hi, I am inclined to buy Ford. I am 16 and looking to get my toy/truck. I am a high school student and i am not wealthy.

I want to have fun and i want to have power. What ever i get i will want to have 4x4 for some weekend camping/off road trips.

I have been looking at Broncos, F-150s, and Rangers. Getting an F-250 diesel would be amazing but i dont think there is a way i could.

I have 4,500.

Right now i am looking at a 1988 Bronco, but i am hesitating because of gas ( living in California with gas at 3.19 a gallon is a pain)

What are you suggestions? What do you think?
If you have to think about the fuel you cant afford the car , wanna swap prices ? we pay $1.25 a litre which is about $4.50 us a gallon
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 16:18   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77
If you have to think about the fuel you cant afford the car , wanna swap prices ? we pay $1.25 a litre which is about $4.50 us a gallon
Where are you?

What do you drive?
Old 03-27-2007, 18:36   #4 (permalink)

Find yourself a Ranger with the 4.0 v-6 and 5 speed. Put a 3 inch body lift on it along with some 31x10.50 tires and a nice set of wheels and your set. The v-6 is easy on the fuel and is plenty strong. The body lift is for show mostly, in addition it will allow you to put a little bigger tire on it and still keep things streetable. It will also allow you to get out on the trails and have a little fun. It wont be a drag truck or a mud bogger, but it will look nice and be economical. Your also going to need something to drive to work everyday and this would also serve that purpose well. You dont want your daily driver to be your primary toy. We break our toys, if your under it at 3am trying to get it running so you can go to work at 6am your going to get sick of it real quick and end up wearing a bow tie and driving a Hyundai while drinking latte as you talk on your cell phone to your friends at PETA on your way to a protest against auto manufacturers who use leather seats in their cars. Its a vicious cycle. Stick with something inexpensive for now
Old 03-27-2007, 23:09   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand1
Find yourself a Ranger with the 4.0 v-6 and 5 speed. Put a 3 inch body lift on it along with some 31x10.50 tires and a nice set of wheels and your set. The v-6 is easy on the fuel and is plenty strong. The body lift is for show mostly, in addition it will allow you to put a little bigger tire on it and still keep things streetable. It will also allow you to get out on the trails and have a little fun. It wont be a drag truck or a mud bogger, but it will look nice and be economical. Your also going to need something to drive to work everyday and this would also serve that purpose well. You dont want your daily driver to be your primary toy. We break our toys, if your under it at 3am trying to get it running so you can go to work at 6am your going to get sick of it real quick and end up wearing a bow tie and driving a Hyundai while drinking latte as you talk on your cell phone to your friends at PETA on your way to a protest against auto manufacturers who use leather seats in their cars. Its a vicious cycle. Stick with something inexpensive for now

Hahaha Awesome post. lol,

I think since i am in high school and its all about show and looking good that i will get a bronco since i am not going too far. Any ways, after a year or two i can sell it get something smaller and tear it up in that. I just wish there was somthing larger then a Ranger ( i was looking at f-150's) and still save money with gas.
Old 03-28-2007, 14:32   #6 (permalink)

Some of the F-150's have the V-6 in them. I dont know if the full size bronco did or not. The V-6 F-150 wouldnt be a bad choice at all. They do have a lot more room in the cab and will do quite a bit more than the Ranger. Anyway, happy hunting.
Old 04-02-2007, 16:21   #7 (permalink)

well, he asked the forum, i think he'll be allright
70mstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 17:55   #8 (permalink)

i decided to get a 88 bronco 5.8L 351

lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub