Yeah, like EL XR6 has said, the hotmail accounts do tend to be more trouble than they are worth - like they say: "you get what you pay for....."
But now that you do have it and are having problems...
Are little text files sent to you by the server that contain the information that you entered whilst on the site.
Next time you visit the site, it will send the cookie from your computer as well so that the site will recognise that you have visited it and be able to load your settings etc.
I would think that the hotmail site would want you to enable cookies rather than disable them...
Not much that can be done about this. I think they are kinda cool (cookies), but if the site wants you to enable cookies, then the only way that you will get into it is to enable cookies!!!
TO ENABLE COOKIES (I am assuming you are using Internet explorer 5.x or 6):
- Open internet explorer.
- Click the file menu at the top, then internet options at the bottom.
- Click the 'security' tab at the top, and then highlight the globe in the top left corner that says 'internet' underneath it.
- Click 'default level' in the bottom right hand corner.
- Click the 'advanced' tab in the top right hand corner and then click 'restore defaults' in the bottom right hand corner...
- Click 'OK' at the bottom and that's it..
Now technically, what I explained there doesn't just enable cookies. It's simply restoring the defaults in internet explorer which tends to fix most of those irritating cookie related problems.
If that doesn't work then YOUR COMPUTER IS F#*KED!!!
just kidding, that should fix the problem.
If not, then get someone to help ya...
It may look good and it may be good, but it's rubbish!