Need your input guys - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2004, 15:25   #1 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Need your input guys

If you can give me some input on the thread below I would appreciate it. I know it is cross posted, but I would like a little feedback.

Next Event Poll

Good bad or ugly let me know on that thread.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2004, 17:05   #2 (permalink)
BOFH

Re: Need your input guys

Done mate. For the record, heads up racing for me. :s6:

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 20:13   #3 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

you would have NO chance then if I were there with my car. Just about everyone on here would not except maybe Tuna and Gary. Where is the fun in losing to a low 9 car in heads up.

But hey that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I just dont see the point in heads up when money can win out over experience.
Old 10-01-2004, 20:26   #4 (permalink)
BOFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticSVT
you would have NO chance then if I were there with my car. Just about everyone on here would not except maybe Tuna and Gary. Where is the fun in losing to a low 9 car in heads up.

But hey that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I just dont see the point in heads up when money can win out over experience.
Agreed, but it needs to have practical catagories too. No point putting an I6 next to a blown 351 in a heads up.

I like the idea of heads up, but in appropriate catagories.

Quote:
Heads UP would be broken into multiple classes. Meaning if you are in Class A you will not compete against anyone in Class B C or D etc. This means that those in the other classes will have to wait until their class is up to race.

Old 10-01-2004, 20:34   #5 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

see the issue is that I have heard that there was tons of bitching that people had to wait on the last few track events we had. That they were upset that it took x amount of time to get another run because their class was at the end or their were too many in another class.

When you do the classes you are going to have to wait. To minimize that I figure the other would be better. It would also make it where it is NOT the car that is doing the work but the driver, which is what racing should be. Not who can throw the most money at a car.
Old 10-01-2004, 20:44   #6 (permalink)
BOFH

Quote:
see the issue is that I have heard that there was tons of bitching that people had to wait on the last few track events we had. That they were upset that it took x amount of time to get another run because their class was at the end or their were too many in another class.

When you do the classes you are going to have to wait. To minimize that I figure the other would be better. It would also make it where it is NOT the car that is doing the work but the driver, which is what racing should be. Not who can throw the most money at a car.
John, its all good to me. I just like to race. To be honest, I never even worry too much what is beside me. I'm only out for PB's.

My only issue with bracket racing is that the faster the car, the harder it is to be consistant with it. Take a stock Falcon and it will run within .1 of a set time all day. Thats very hard to maintian in a car that is modified. The more modified, the harder to maintain consistancy for most drivers.

As for people getting upset, seems thats become the norm lately. I just like to race, its all good fun.

Old 10-01-2004, 20:59   #7 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
My only issue with bracket racing is that the faster the car, the harder it is to be consistant with it. Take a stock Falcon and it will run within .1 of a set time all day. Thats very hard to maintian in a car that is modified. The more modified, the harder to maintain consistancy for most drivers.
Then maybe those people that have sunk so much into modifying their cars should also invest in driving courses as well as race courses. Because frankly if you cant handle your car or should I say, you can not run your car consistantly then maybe you should not be driving such a modified car.

Sorry if that is a shit way of looking at it, but I see way tooooo many idiots spend 30k on an engine and associated mods to only pull 13 seconds out of a 9 second car, simply because they are too daft to understand how to drive it properly. I also see way too many people that dont know how to race out there screwing up and getting hurt.

Yes racing is to have fun, but it does not mean you just go balls to the wall. if you want that then go try out for the next 2 fast 2 stupid movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
As for people getting upset, seems thats become the norm lately. I just like to race, its all good fun.
yea, way too many people are getting butthurt over the smallest things.
Old 10-01-2004, 21:11   #8 (permalink)
BOFH

Quote:
Then maybe those people that have sunk so much into modifying their cars should also invest in driving courses as well as race courses. Because frankly if you cant handle your car or should I say, you can not run your car consistantly then maybe you should not be driving such a modified car.

Sorry if that is a shit way of looking at it, but I see way tooooo many idiots spend 30k on an engine and associated mods to only pull 13 seconds out of a 9 second car, simply because they are too daft to understand how to drive it properly. I also see way too many people that dont know how to race out there screwing up and getting hurt.

Yes racing is to have fun, but it does not mean you just go balls to the wall. if you want that then go try out for the next 2 fast 2 stupid movie.
No, not a shit way of looking at it at all. I guess I'm looking at the more social side of it though. I've done a few courses and I dont have a wildly modified car at all but I still have yet to get totally consistant in my runs. I ust havent had enough practice. Still, I could easily choose a dialed up number and run within .15 of it all day.

Either way, I'm not a hard core drag racer so I am happy to turn up and do what ever so long as I get to race.
(oh, and a 13 out of a 9 second car is truely sad to see. Nn idiot with lots of money and no skill that just pumps so much money into a car that it cant do anything else but go fast. Sad thing is if someone else got into it with half a clue, it would be so much quicker. )

Quote:
yea, way too many people are getting butthurt over the smallest things.
I'm still looking for the book of life that says it all has to be "fair".

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub