Neighbours - overhanging tree branches! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2002, 19:51   #1 (permalink)
gone

Neighbours - overhanging tree branches!

Had an interesting encounter with my new neighbour on Saturday

To set the scene.....

Just purchased a new place and was on top of the garage cleaning out the spouting due to the neighbours fruit tree hanging over the garage roof dumping leaves and fruit onto it.

Damm this I thought and proceeded to cut the tree back to the boundry line between our properties, was very tempted at this stage to just dump the cuttings back over his side of the fance but decided against it and packed them nicely up into 6 bundles.

The Mrs from the place next door was heading out, so I bailed her up, let her know I had cut the tree and would she mind if I put the cuttings on her nature strip so at the next green waste collection they would be taken away.

She had no prob with this, and as a matter of fact commented that would end up cutting the fruit tree down anyhows....

So..

Saturday morning I am up the ladder, patching the guttering when this young bloke... round 35-40 comes into my place and starts with the attitude... "why did you cut my tree".. "why dump it on my nature strip"etc etc...

I explained.. nicely.. that I had spoke to his Mrs and go talk to her... instead he made some smartarse remark and kept going...

Well at this point I recommended that he leave my property before I get down the ladder...he complied but continued the attitude out in the street and proceeded to THROW the cuttings back onto my nature strip.....

Fist.. nose...blood my thoughts......

I asked him what the hell he was doing as it was his tree... this time he got personal with the attitude and basically stood face to face..

I recommened that he take a step back, as aassault is on the spot fine, and I am moments away from breaking his friggen pretty face...

He quickly retreated.....

I decided to let it rest and get rid of the cuttings myself later on in the day, but I happened to speak to one of the other neighbours who pointed out that this guy was a real mutant...

Therefore, I grabbed the cuttings, prob a good metre worth and dumbed them over his back fance........

Fully expecting them to come back over, I am in for some fun with this guy..

Anyone else got a similar story??
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2002, 19:57   #2 (permalink)
EFXR62

hehe, i've got no story like this, but it sounds like a show i saw once.. About 2 neighbours who hated eachother so much one of them ended up snapping and he shot him.. Not meaning to scare you, but just play it safe, eh? :)
Old 11-24-2002, 20:17   #3 (permalink)
SM

Just sit on him Gary, that'll shut him up!

I've just finished a lengthy process of court and mediation sessions to sort out a fence with my neighbour. Local council and local courts office are very helpful in these types of situations.

PS. Welcome to the neighbourhood!
Old 11-24-2002, 23:52   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Hrmmmm ... now I rememember why I am retiring to the acreage by the sea - no bloody neighbours.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 00:27   #5 (permalink)
GTHO4

You should have just dumped the cutting back over the fence stuff 'em!! too damn lazy to prune their own trees the bastards.

My old man did that to his neighbours and they did not speak to each other for 20 years nowadays they talk to each other and he's already think of cutting their trees again hehe...must be sick of listening to their BS to last him another 20 years.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:42   #6 (permalink)

picture this, new house being built on the block next to mine.
went over to meet the guy. Seemed to be a nice guy as we chatted for about an hour. He is a builder building his own place.

I am in a wheelchair so it was difficult to get around on my building site to check different things. I rely on the wife to answer alot of questions.

She says it looks like he is started building his place pretty much on the boundary. I said take abit of video footage and i watch it at home. It looked for certain that he was very close and when i asked him he swore that his setout was correct.

So 4 months later his place is finished and my place was about a month from complesion.

I have a surveyor friend and i get him to shoot some lines and it turns out that his eave is 28cm over my boundary.

When i investergate it turns out that he did his own house setout instead of using a licenced surveyor.

Rang the council and they don't want to know about it.
I am trying to find who his certifyer was.

I can see this is going to get messy.
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 02:48   #7 (permalink)
Drunk Irishman

Quote:
Originally posted by Noddy
picture this, new house being built on the block next to mine.
went over to meet the guy. Seemed to be a nice guy as we chatted for about an hour. He is a builder building his own place.

I am in a wheelchair so it was difficult to get around on my building site to check different things. I rely on the wife to answer alot of questions.

She says it looks like he is started building his place pretty much on the boundary. I said take abit of video footage and i watch it at home. It looked for certain that he was very close and when i asked him he swore that his setout was correct.

So 4 months later his place is finished and my place was about a month from complesion.

I have a surveyor friend and i get him to shoot some lines and it turns out that his eave is 28cm over my boundary.

When i investergate it turns out that he did his own house setout instead of using a licenced surveyor.

Rang the council and they don't want to know about it.
I am trying to find who his certifyer was.

I can see this is going to get messy.
Just cut off the section of his house that is above your property. :s3 :s3
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 02:57   #8 (permalink)
gone

lol

I had a bit of fun with him tonight., lets say a long drill bit, some amonia and no more tree in 3 weeks!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 03:05   #9 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Onya, minge. That's the Aussie way!
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 03:07   #10 (permalink)

been there done that. works a treat laminge. about 10pm at night is good.
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub