Neil Mitcheel 3AW & David Flint - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2004, 02:53   #1 (permalink)

Neil Mitcheel 3AW & David Flint

Don't know if its been mentioned elsewhere on here...... But did anyone hear Neil Mitchell on 3AW this morning With Australias own version of Ralph Nader (Guy in the sixties who halted US muscle cars) Anyhow, this guy wants cars limited to 130kph. They BOTH also bagged the crap out of Ford & especially the Typhoon, saying the advertising & the lack of 0-100 figures were promoting "unsafe muscle car syndrome" The Words.. "It'll blow your mind" (typhoon) Mitchell REALLY homed in on!
He then had David Flint on air replying, who did a lot of umming & arring.. But basically put the safety virtues of the car forward, along with emphasising how all FPV owners get an advanced driving course, etc.... He ALSO Stressed that Ford & FPV having no intention of getting in a Power or Torgue war with GMH & HSV.....Another point that was raised was most young drivers financial inability to possess one of these so called Muscle cars.
This IS JUST the start, I believe?.. With Mitchell on the warpath (He also heads a road safety campaign down here)... The Government Will act, I reckon?
The ramifacations of these misinformed morons is going to be horrific!

FORD PERFORMANCE VEHICLES

Blood Orange PURSUIT
Mercury Silver XR6TURBO [ FUTURE RIDE ]
mz_fpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2004, 03:09   #2 (permalink)
Idiot User

Re: Neil Mitcheel 3AW & David Flint

He needs to die

AMBROSE BACK II BACK V8 SUPERCAR CHAMPION 03/04
FORD AND SBR 1-2, 2004
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:10   #3 (permalink)
Only a V8 Ute Will Do

mad Re: Neil Mitcheel 3AW & David Flint

Yeah mate I heard every word of it and I think they are totally going way overboard. HSV has been making these sort of cars so a couple of years now, and, as usual, when Ford starts doing the same, and creating cars that people want, they get absolutely canned??? Its not ridiculous, its not an unsafe car and it stops as well as it goes? All these old farts that are running this country should be pushed aside and told to stay out of it...... enough said....

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"
www.fpvxrclub.com
Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:15   #4 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Damn, just beat me to it! I just made a thread about the same thing. I only heard parts of the interview. I emailed Niel Mitchell and requested the transcripts as I didn't get to hear all of the interview.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:19   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
Damn, just beat me to it! I just made a thread about the same thing. I only heard parts of the interview. I emailed Niel Mitchell and requested the transcripts as I didn't get to hear all of the interview.

Cobra.. I couldn't believe that!. Almost identicle timing!
Know what ELSE, I've realised?... I've posted it under my Daughters sign-in, I'm Not mzfpv... I'm Charliewool

FORD PERFORMANCE VEHICLES

Blood Orange PURSUIT
Mercury Silver XR6TURBO [ FUTURE RIDE ]
mz_fpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:24   #6 (permalink)

Team this twat up with Harold Scurvy (oops) Scruby , and you 've got one massive headache for for all of us car loving folk. Sad thing is , this is exactly the kind of story that will have the mainstream media salivating.Have these two twits been on ACA or TOday Tonight? I think its only a matter of time.
302 weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:29   #7 (permalink)
Only a V8 Ute Will Do

frown Re: Neil Mitcheel 3AW & David Flint

Supercar scare, here we come again...... Oh please no.....

www.fpvxrclub.com
Old 11-08-2004, 03:35   #8 (permalink)
Two Letters, GT!

Whats the issue? To what ive read here they are proposing limiting cars to 130km/h. So what! The absolute most I drive is around 120km/h. I personally see nothing wrong with limiting cars to slightly above the maximum legal limit for our roads which to my knowledge is 110km/h. Sure some roads in the bush are not speed sign posted, but this isnt a permit to speed to excess, it is an indication to drive within the roads limits.

Just because a car is limited to 130km/h dosnt mean it has to be limited in performace 0-100 etc. Im sure the same as NOS systems are illegal on the road but can be connected for track use, a computer limiting the cars max speed could be switched off during track days.

Someone give me a real argument for why cars shouldnt be limited to 130km/h. I mean a real thoughtful reason, not just scaremongering and doomsaying.

74' Sandstone Biege XBGT, 351, FMX, Sunroof, Air Con, Power Steering.
Black EX-R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:39   #9 (permalink)
Only a V8 Ute Will Do

Us that use them for Motorsport.... But seriously, in an overtaking situation? You need to spend the least amount of time on the wrong side of the road.

www.fpvxrclub.com
Old 11-08-2004, 03:41   #10 (permalink)

i dont think the RTA will allow for limiting the speed limit. As it might bring there revenue raising down on those speed cameras.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub