A New Benchmark in Customer Service..... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2002, 19:07   #1 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

A New Benchmark in Customer Service.....

Thought you guys might like to see the latest gem from Holden - even puts Klosters to shame.

http://www.ls1.com/ls1forum/Forum29/HTML/004809.html

The good stuff starts about 6 posts down with VXSilverS's post.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2002, 19:13   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

How the **** do they loose a car, seriously, there is some really incompetent dealers out there :oo1: :crazy1: :dead:
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 19:19   #3 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Oh my god, this would have to take the cake. Fancy losing this guys car.
Totally unacceptable.
I would find every person involved in the whole mess and kick them bloody hard up the ass.

He should take out a whole page in a Newspaper telling of his ordeal.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 20:35   #4 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

What going on - has BIG BROTHER got to the thread (no not the TV show)

I followed the post and it only has about 5 post in it. Nothing too controversal - guess I'm too late.

Did they seriously loose a car.......

Could be cheeky and say it was only some crap Commodore anyway....
Old 01-17-2002, 20:39   #5 (permalink)
JG33

Oh dear what a ballsup I pity the poor guy... Lost the car what MORONS!
He should get A Current Affair on to this and I bet you these people will find the car real quick.
Old 01-17-2002, 20:46   #6 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

for those who havent read it or cant find(raptor) it here it is
originally posted http://www.ls1.com/ls1forum/Forum29/HTML/004809.html
by VXSilverS

To Whom It May Concern,

On Monday the 31/12/10, I was returning to Sydney in my 2001 Model Holden VX SS Commodore. Whilst driving, I noticed a noise coming from somewhere in the rear of the vehicle, this noise gradually escalated until I felt that it may have been doing damage to the vehicle.

At this point I called Holden Roadside Assist who responded promptly and sent the NRMA out. The NRMA Mechanic informed me that he felt there may be a problem with the Differential and he then referred me to the Holden Dealer in MacLean which was O’Halleran Motors.

O’Halleran Motors inspected the vehicle and informed me that the Differential appeared to be faulty and it would be fixed under warranty. They informed me that the car would be ready to be picked up in three days time, which I felt was reasonable considering the next day was a Public Holiday.

When I returned to O’Halleran Motors on Thursday, they informed me that due to the fact that Holden carried no replacement parts in stock the car would not be able to be fixed until the following Monday at the best. Having already missed two days of work I informed them that this was unacceptable, and I would not be able to spend any more time away from work and could they ship the car to Sydney for repairs. O’ Halleran motors then had this authorized.

At this point, Thursday morning 11am, I called Holden Customer Assist and asked them to verify that the car would be sent back to Sydney. This authorization was later verified by calling them for the fourth time at 2pm, but at that time they were not able to confirm how my wife and myself were to get back to Sydney. I had hired a rental vehicle on Monday the 31/12/01 but was required to return the vehicle to MacLean on Friday leaving me stuck in MacLean for Thursday evening. On my 6th call to Holden Customer Assist I was informed that the relevant staff had gone home and they would not be able to authorize my travel to Sydney until the following day Friday the 4th.

My first call to Holden requesting transport to Sydney was placed on Thursday the 3rd at 2:00pm, a rental vehicle was approved at 1:00pm Friday the 4th 24 hours later. As you can imagine, this was an extreme inconvenience, to say the least.

The vehicle remained in MacLean being fixed by O’Halleran Motors until the following Thursday the 10/1/02. It was then shipped to Sydney to the dealer of my choice, which was Suttons City Holden.

To this Point Thursday the 17/1/02, Holden Customer Assist nor Suttons City Holden have any idea, as to the whereabouts of my vehicle. I find it remarkable that a car being transported from one point to another can be “lost” and the level of concern shown by Holden is negligible. Is this so common a situation?

On top of this, I have found Holden Customer Assistance to be both unhelpful and unsympathetic, not to mention outright incompetent. I have been without my vehicle now for 3 weeks, and may I remind you that this all stems from Holden selling a faulty product. I would have thought that this being the case you would be doing your utmost to provide a satisfactory customer service.

I have been a loyal Holden purchaser and owner for many years, and I find it appalling that a $49,000 Holden Vehicle that is six months old, would cause its owner so much inconvenience and “out of pocket” expense.

In conclusion, I require the immediate return of my vehicle. If Holden cannot return the vehicle I will require a reasonable explanation as to why not. Not knowing the vehicles whereabouts is not an acceptable explanation. Should no reasonable explanation be forthcoming, I trust that Holden will make arrangements for a replacement vehicle of the same standard to be supplied to me. I expect to be adequately compensated for all out of pocket expenses that I have incurred.

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 21:10   #7 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Losing a car is not outside the realms of Ford either as a 3rd party transportation company is being used. However, I do imagine Ford would be much more responsible and co-operative than Holden have shown themselves to be in this case. It seems as though Holden have become so fleet orientated these days, that the average Joe isn't important - and this seems to apply to HSV as well.
Old 01-17-2002, 21:30   #8 (permalink)
GTHO4

This situation is so absurd it's laughable I suggest the guy pay a visit to a lawyer to get the bastards to pay any costs if possible.
Old 01-17-2002, 21:53   #9 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Absolutely ridiculous!!! Agreed with gtho4 here, it's so absurd it's almost laughable. Hope The General pulls his collective finger out and remedies this..

Oh, and interesting to note that there's no post in this thread from chopperLS1.. I wonder why... :dead:
Old 01-17-2002, 22:56   #10 (permalink)
gone

Thats just not right, something like that should NEVER happen, regardless of car manufacturer!!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub