New Ford ad idea (FPV?) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2003, 00:59   #1 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

Question New Ford ad idea (FPV?)

OK Picture this, and let me know what you think.

The ad starts and we see this dude driving a new GT, GT-P, Pursuit, whatever, and he is really enjoying from the look on his face, and he is driving hard, and smiling yada yada...
Then he arrives at work, gets out of the car and gets into his van (with a courier sign on it, since he is a courier) and checks his delivery list and gets moving.
Then as he accelerates away (giving it some) he goes to change gears. Then as he goes to change gears he rips out the gear stick (shifter, whatever you wanna call it).
Then the screen fades out and you see the words...

FPV - Feel the Power

So what do ya think people? Has it been done?

:s6:

Old 07-20-2003, 01:03   #2 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

Re: New Ford ad idea (FPV?)

Let me elaborate a bit too:
The gear stick breaking is supposed to mean that once you've been in the FPV you get powerful like the car..get me?
Old 07-20-2003, 02:16   #3 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior™

Hehe I like it!!...

I still say the best ad will be one with a BAGT and a ye olde GT, say the best one.. XWGT.

Just say for example that new LION TAMER ad.. Imagine that on TV but this time with a HO next to it.. Whack in Allan Moffat in the XW and Ambrose in the BA.. (capturing a wide range of audience, young and old).

They are cruising around in the speed bowl and spot a VY somethingdore and hammer it past one GT on either side. Leaving the VY in the background. Final shot A.M. and M.A. laughing their heads off lol Just a thought.

Problem is the XW will drown out the BA!!! hehe

If I saw that on telly i would definately have a grin from ear to ear!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2003, 03:44   #4 (permalink)
Red-i

Or after the shift linkage breaks, he puts the stuff in the back of he's new Pursuite, makes all deliverys, gets back way before lunch break, boss comes out and comments that he's never been so quick before, guy smiles and says something like "Thanks, I used my ute." hands the keys to the boss, "Can you give it wash for me mate?"

Fade to black,

"THE BOSS IS BACK"
Old 07-20-2003, 03:55   #5 (permalink)
Horse-Power Hungry

Hit the nail on the head there Red-i, I like it!!
I think Ford are really lacking in there advertising and their target audience. Why is every ad for Holden(which I saw 10 to 1 in the v8's today) showing the cars doing burn-outs or racing around telling the viewer how powerful they are and ford still havent released an ad for the GT or XR8 sedan or even a distinct Turbo ad. Now is the time they should be pushing forward and while peoples heads are currently turned give em somethin to look at

Last edited by boss 8; 07-20-2003 at 03:59.
boss 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 15:49   #6 (permalink)

How about a drive UP a twisty mountain road, and down again (through a tunnel) ... then the caption - "No Hellicopters"

Greg
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 18:17   #7 (permalink)
walking power

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWJG34
Hehe I like it!!...

I still say the best ad will be one with a BAGT and a ye olde GT, say the best one.. XWGT.

Just say for example that new LION TAMER ad.. Imagine that on TV but this time with a HO next to it.. Whack in Allan Moffat in the XW and Ambrose in the BA.. (capturing a wide range of audience, young and old).

They are cruising around in the speed bowl and spot a VY somethingdore and hammer it past one GT on either side. Leaving the VY in the background. Final shot A.M. and M.A. laughing their heads off lol Just a thought.

Problem is the XW will drown out the BA!!! hehe

If I saw that on telly i would definately have a grin from ear to ear!!!!!!
I like this idea.

Yours is good too Yuogostar.
Old 07-20-2003, 18:58   #8 (permalink)
i pity tha fool

i thought up a monroe add for shocks for comfort where a guy is cruisin down a highway and starts to nod off.. next thing you know he's asleep at the wheel and you see the car fly along at the speed limit with a sleeping driver..

but the car luckily comes across ripple strips designed to wake the driver.. - doesnt wake him.

the car runs over a couple of heavy potholes - doesnt wake him..

next you see something up on the road ahead, maybe a sharp S bend where the road drops a level, or an accident with a ramp trailer(gone in 60 style) and the car hits the jump/gap, flys throgh the air and lands safely on the road.. guy inside STILL asleep...

then the song on the radio changes to a loud one, from the previous quiet one, or something else relatively small, and THAT wakes him. he then decides to pull over and get some sleep, not knowing what he went through.

---monroe. the most comfortable shock absorbers in the world---

Previous ride: EBII V8 Manual Ghia spring roll.
Current ride: 1970 ZC 351 Fairlane Custom.. (estimated 350ftlb @ 2000rpm.. max torque 420ftlb at 4500rpm.. with standard exhaust manifold!)
jmartion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 18:59   #9 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFutura
How about a drive UP a twisty mountain road, and down again (through a tunnel) ... then the caption - "No Hellicopters"

Greg
I'd love that.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 19:43   #10 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

Looks like my idea got drowned out....LOL

But I like of those other ones too :)

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub