New forum help? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2002, 17:43   #1 (permalink)
-

New forum help?

Guys, i thought id start a thread for this because i guess a lot of people will have questions...

mine is simply: How can i set this forum to only show new posts since I last viewed the forum, much similar to the "Show only new posts" option on the old forum? I know it marks them read, but i dont want them in my view, as its easier to keep up with the discussiont that way...

cheers on the merger, and keep up the good work guys. things are really moving now!!
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2002, 17:48   #2 (permalink)

Mine 2 is simple. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE COLOURS, was the normal ff colour, now is a strange colour much like this ea board i used to belong 2
madEAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 17:54   #3 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

The colors were changed to match the the old board per the request of Jack.

The availability to only show new posts is not really available on here. You can tell the new posts by looking at the letter icons next to the message. an open unshaded one is indication that the message is new. a grey one is one you have read. There will be issues for the next few hours because of the import I forgot to change the time on the ezb to reflect the times of posts for this server. This shall all be cleared up in the net few hours as the times run the course.

You can also see what threads you have posted in as there will be a dot in the letter icon. You can even subscribe to posts to have notification sent to you when there is a new post in that thread or for that matter even in an area itself.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 17:57   #4 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Regarding the colours, I'm open to any feedback. I particularly needed a white background to make it fit in with the normal site.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 17:58   #5 (permalink)

Hey lunatic can we choose our own colour schemes?
madEAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 18:03   #6 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

At this time no. I had set up 7 different color schemes before and it became a mess. I can set this color scheme to be user selectable, but for this area to be white like jack wants I have to force the color scheme for this area or change it to the default color scheme and force the blue from FF.com default now in all other forums.

I am working on coding to make it work but that is gonna take some time.
Old 05-27-2002, 18:23   #7 (permalink)
-

I think we have to ensure that users are posting with correct TIMEZONES.... currently its 11:25AM, and theres posts online from 2:30PM? what gives? It means if i sort by date i cant even see the newest posts... let alone restrict my view to them only...

other that that, this forum rocks!
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 18:26   #8 (permalink)
400 kg ego

That's a known issue mate. Your patience in the meantime is appreciated.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 18:29   #9 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

The posts go by the time on the server. The profile for the user adjusts the post times accordingly for you to see them reflected as what time they were posted in your Timezone.

What happened is in the transfer I failed to adjust the EZB time to reflect that of this servers time. So when the transition finished and i saw the incorrect times I just put it up to a wait game the transfer takes a good 3 hours to compile and do.

It will sort itself out in due time. Please remember that this server is hosted in the states on the otherside of the date line.
Old 05-27-2002, 18:32   #10 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Also in the user CP you can change the amount of posts to look at from 1 day to all of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub