New Job- - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2004, 02:25   #1 (permalink)
Rollcage Crash Test Dummy

New Job-Sudden twist

Hey guys,

Well up until the last minute, i was pretty sure of moving to Sydney to go into IT- but for some reason i got cold feet and the thought of leaving my family and friends intensified...i also had a second job offer- and yes ive taken a job at a car dealership that will have a base salary with a comssion and company car with fuel on top of that...i still cant belive i decided what i did- but im happy with it...has anyone been in similar situations??
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2004, 04:12   #2 (permalink)
AU XR6 VCT 'WANNABE'

Re: New Job-

Mate if only.
It took me ages to find the job that I've settled into now. If I had the determination to take up a course I probably would have but I've had my nose to the same grindstone for nearly 6 years now and find it still interesting. I reckon the trick to it is enjoy what your doing and if that's how you feel about the decision you've made, then good on ya bro.
If your comfortable in what your doing and have no regrets then enjoy yourself man.
And being in a dealership now, I hope you start posting some hard case stories about customers you've met.
Good Luck on your new job man.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:24   #3 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

In my short experience the most importnat thing is to do what you are most interested in. Whether its less money or more work initially it will easily pay off soon if you enjoy waht youre doing.

Unless youre an IT guru who has an intense love or the industry i wouldnt go for it, its filled with indians and asians and dosnt give great returns.

I gotta say though, commissions are a bitch.......

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 15:44   #4 (permalink)
AU Fairmont Ghia V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
Unless youre an IT guru who has an intense love or the industry i wouldnt go for it, its filled with indians and asians and dosnt give great returns.

If you're not getting great returns out of the IT industry you're in the wrong section
Old 11-23-2004, 17:43   #5 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99

If you're not getting great returns out of the IT industry you're in the wrong section

Sorry i shouldve been more specific. Most of the employee lower level positions dont offer great returns. Maybe im wrong but i know a few people in those roles and had a look myself at it and it didnt do it for me.
As i said others may have different experience.

Also, with the asians and indians comment i meant that there is HUGE competition for IT jobs from people of that background.

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 18:10   #6 (permalink)
Rollcage Crash Test Dummy

Thumbs up Re: New Job-

Yeah, too right- there is a lot of competition...the thought of the industry shift was a little unsettling but its really warmed to me :)
The over all package in Newcastle is a lot better then sydney...i mean, the training i would have recieved would have been good but on the over all, i think learning sales will serve me better long term :) thanks for all the positive input so far, keep it up :)
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub