New Saab 9-3 ad...how is it allowed? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2003, 05:14   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

New Saab 9-3 ad...how is it allowed?

Has anyone seen the new Saab 9-3 ad on tv? It shows a dude flying around this nice white courtyard swivelling in between pylons, and at the end of the ad he does a full 180' powerslide on a normal road into a parking slot.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but we've all read and heard about all this controversy about local car ads promoting dangerous driving. Why is Saab immune from the new laws?
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2003, 07:28   #2 (permalink)

I think these guy's might have:
Saab Ad
Dagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 07:43   #3 (permalink)

im sure at the bottom of the ad, probably written in invisible ink, that there is a huge disclaimer saying "this was done by professional stuntman on closed road with helmet and racing overalls, please do not try this at home, blah blah blah" which gets them off the hook cos then they are not promoting doing it on teh street, they are only promoting doing it if your a pro stuntman and want to cane a new car on a bit of closed road that you havce probably had to pay heaps to get closed etc...
ricecooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 13:08   #4 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

And Ford do what when showing off the latest GT? Hire yer average Joe Shmoe and not close the streets?
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 04:10   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

SAAB is a importer...

The New rules are guide lines... They only really apply to local manufacturers..

nice way to give the local industry a kick in the teeth.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 17:22   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ricecooker
im sure at the bottom of the ad, probably written in invisible ink, that there is a huge disclaimer saying "this was done by professional stuntman on closed road with helmet and racing overalls, please do not try this at home, blah blah blah" which gets them off the hook cos then they are not promoting doing it on teh street, they are only promoting doing it if your a pro stuntman and want to cane a new car on a bit of closed road that you havce probably had to pay heaps to get closed etc...
Not that it really matters now, but at the end of the ad it wasn't on a closed street, there were parked cars etc.
I can't remember seeing any fine print but then again i've only seen the ad once.
Old 02-17-2003, 18:43   #7 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

and what about the nissan ad where theres a 250z or 350z doing a burnout at the end and all of these cars going flat out in the desert??? it's unfair to enforce these guidlines on local manufacturers only.

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 18:46   #8 (permalink)

That Nissan Patrol ad is still been shown where the more powerful one is dragging the wheelspinning one backwards. I heard that the regulations for ads like these are just "voluntary" so there is no real need or obligation to abide by them. The Nissan ad is such BS, really irritates me. WTF has that got to do with 4Wdriving anyhow? The Falcon ute salt lake ad and the Commodore driveway slalom ads are so lame compared but all the do-gooders complain about them.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 04:08   #9 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

well then why don't Ford and Holden stick it up the Gov and run some phyco adds.
They know as well as we do that the Government is gonna kill all forms of tariff protection for our local industries anyway so it's not like they have anything to fear.
Why the hell is socialty always taking sides with minorities point of view instead of just ignoring the stupid gits!!!
Old 02-18-2003, 04:47   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
That Nissan Patrol ad is still been shown where the more powerful one is dragging the wheelspinning one backwards. I heard that the regulations for ads like these are just "voluntary" so there is no real need or obligation to abide by them. The Nissan ad is such BS, really irritates me. WTF has that got to do with 4Wdriving anyhow? The Falcon ute salt lake ad and the Commodore driveway slalom ads are so lame compared but all the do-gooders complain about them.
lol yeah i must say its quite funny that the ad is actually about a 4WD, but while its pulling the other patrol, its only in 2WD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub