New Tyres - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2002, 09:41   #1 (permalink)

New Tyres

Hey does anyone know where i can get some cheap new tyres? Its for my other car, and i dont want to get good tyres cause i might upgrade my rims soon. Something half decent would do. The size i need is 215/40/17, somthing bout 150 or 170 bucks.

thanks
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2002, 09:41   #2 (permalink)

also im melbourne forgot to mention that
Old 02-21-2002, 15:09   #3 (permalink)
My name is Forrest....

It will be a struggle to get a 40 series tyre for that price. esp in 17". Good luck, entry price is more like $230~$240
Old 02-22-2002, 00:14   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jesmol
It will be a struggle to get a 40 series tyre for that price. esp in 17". Good luck, entry price is more like $230~$240
eagle F1s are only 190:)
Old 02-22-2002, 03:16   #5 (permalink)
newxr8

Quote:
Originally posted by snavy

eagle F1s are only 190:)
I hope goodyear eagle F1'S aren't that cheap! If they are I just got rorted. Paid $530 for two 17's - 45's. By the way I had Falkens ziex before that and so far I am overly impressed with the f1's. Grip like shit to a blanket!
Old 02-22-2002, 03:28   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by newxr8

I hope goodyear eagle F1'S aren't that cheap! If they are I just got rorted. Paid $530 for two 17's - 45's. By the way I had Falkens ziex before that and so far I am overly impressed with the f1's. Grip like shit to a blanket!
thats what the guy said 190 for 215/40/17, at tyres direct
Old 02-22-2002, 03:29   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

by looking at the tyre there doesnt seem to be a lot of runner on the outer edges of the type pattern, so i guess if you go around corners quick the tyres wont last long, do you reckon?
Old 02-22-2002, 03:40   #8 (permalink)
newxr8

Quote:

by looking at the tyre there doesnt seem to be a lot of runner on the outer edges of the type pattern, so i guess if you go around corners quick the tyres wont last long, do you reckon?
Hi,

To be honest I'm not into the technical side of tyres and thus don't understand the runner issue! As for the tyre wear well i guess I will find out soon enough. These F1'S I bought I placed on the rear and so far I have only done around 500km. They where excellent in the rain which supposedly the tread pattern is designed for and as for the dry road - well I personally am very satisfied with speed I can get around corners without breaking traction. For me they are far better and cheaper than the Falkens for my vehicle - EFXR8.

Thanks
Tim
Old 02-22-2002, 10:49   #9 (permalink)

Quote:

Hi,

To be honest I'm not into the technical side of tyres and thus don't understand the runner issue! As for the tyre wear well i guess I will find out soon enough. These F1'S I bought I placed on the rear and so far I have only done around 500km. They where excellent in the rain which supposedly the tread pattern is designed for and as for the dry road - well I personally am very satisfied with speed I can get around corners without breaking traction. For me they are far better and cheaper than the Falkens for my vehicle - EFXR8.

Thanks
Tim
the reason im worried is not that the rear end has problems its the fronts as going around coners quick, you tend to wear out the outer edges of the tread first. The rears are not a problem unless you be a bad boy and do smokies:)
Old 02-22-2002, 15:30   #10 (permalink)
My name is Forrest....

Quote:

the reason im worried is not that the rear end has problems its the fronts as going around coners quick, you tend to wear out the outer edges of the tread first. The rears are not a problem unless you be a bad boy and do smokies:)
The easiest way to stop premature tyre wear is pressure, you will need to run at least 40psi to get good life out of a 40 series tyre, I run my tyres 225/50 16 at 44 psi, and get 35K plus out of them. Ride's not brilliant, but if I wanted a great ride I would have bought a limo.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub