newbie needing some advice - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 02:34   #1 (permalink)

newbie needing some advice

Hi all , I have recently rebuilt my 351w , stroked to 408 , when i picked up the car, i took it for a drive that night and after about 120kms the car just stopped on me , got towed back to engine builders workshop , it turned out to be a worn dizzy gear , i later found out they used a high volume oil pump and did not drill out the oil gallery that feeds the dizzy gear, this is not a race engine and won't be spining more than 6000-6300rpm so why a HV oil pump was used i don't know , anyway the pump was replaced with a standard one and a brass gear was fitted to dizzy just to make sure no damage was done to cam gear (didn't want more steel gear getting chopped through motor)after 80kms the dizzy was removed and the brass gear showed alot of wear , it was then determined that the cam gear was probably worn aswell and i requested it should be changed under warranty as proper steps were not taken when building this motor , it was agreed to by engine builder, 3 days later i get the phone cal that car is ready , i have just discovered that the cam has not been changed and that they drilled out the oil gallery for the dizzy gear and fitted a composite gear, they said they drove it for 200kms and it showed no wear , well i don't believe they drove it for 200km but anyway my question is should i except this sollution or is this just a band aid fix and i could have troubles down the track, i still owe them money for the build , should i demand a new cam before paying them.
your comments would be appreciated.
cheers chris.
red68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub