Newbie needs help with exhaust pipes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 07:56   #1 (permalink)

Newbie needs help with exhaust pipes

Hey everyone, as you can see in the introduction forum my bro left us, too early, and my father gave me his car.
the thing is I'm a girl and I know NADA NIET NOTHING RIEN about cars... its pretty scary..
I live 6 hours away from home, so my father cant really help me in this departement...
i took my baby to the shop, and the mechanist told me to put new exhaust pipes.
I dont really know why etc, he tried to explain to me, but apparently its important..
and he told that dual is better
I found these online (because he wanted to charge me twice the price without instalation..) Mustang v6 dual exhaust - Shopping Search Engine - Twenga.com
What do you guys think?
Maybe i should get a second opinion.. aaaarrrrr this is soo complicated!!

Oh btw this is what my baby looks like but in black
theroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2010, 11:14   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Newbie needs help with exhaust pipes

What was the reason you had to take car into the garage for in the first place ?
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:18   #3 (permalink)

I went to get it checked out, (oil etc etc)

theroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:13   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

I think the mechanic was probably just suggesting dual exhaust would sound better and help you on performance. If they were telling you that you must install dual exhaust, get a second opinion or dismiss it all together.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 21:18   #5 (permalink)

Garage

What jwko said. It is a mystery to me why the mechanic even mentioned this to you when you were only going in for a routine oil change and checkup?
Old 11-12-2010, 21:42   #6 (permalink)

Hi, sounds to me like the mechanic was trying to do an up-sale. You don't need it. Have your service done somewhere else next time.

The girl excuse doesn't work. I have been working at new car dealers since 1968 and from my experience, girls do better with their cars because they are not afraid to ask many questions. And a lot of the guys think they know about cars, but really don't. I live about two hours from one of my daughters and about six hours away from my other daughter, but I'm only a few seconds away from them by phone; Call your Dad.
Old 11-14-2010, 18:50   #7 (permalink)
I'm the Doctor.

This is kind of funny... And similar to the way I am treated in the rare event that I take one of my cars somewhere to have work done that I cannot perform myself, like mounting/dismounting/balancing tires. People just assume that because I am gay (It's kind of noticeable), I don't know anything. Little do these people know, I am pretty hardcore. I've been on my back, laying in two inches of water that accumulates in my driveway, bench-pressing a transmission up into an RX-7 when it was 42 degrees outside. Two days prior, I had purchased said 1988 Mazda RX-7 GXL due to it's 77k original miles... It's downside was that it was an Automatic. No problem... $50 and a few interior parts in trade later, I picked up a manual gearbox, clutch hydraulics, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, pedal box, starter, gear lever, and driveshaft from a friend of mine with a parts car... Gotta love those transmission conversions when the weather sucks!

Man, if people only knew... lol

Cheers,
- The Doctor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub