Next Falcon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2002, 20:56   #1 (permalink)

Next Falcon

The next model Falcon is due out around 2005 I think, anyone know if Ford have any mockups of it yet? I assume that they would be busy already designing it. Anyone care to list any features that they think it will/should have? What will it be called? BC Falcon maybe?

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2002, 21:06   #2 (permalink)

BC is a pretty bad name i reckon... it would imply that the car is over 2000 years old... or is that what you were getting at??
marktx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 21:11   #3 (permalink)

Car companies generally work 6 to 7 years in advance, so the all new Falcon would be at the clay stage, if not already signed off, with funding coming later on.
Chinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 21:22   #4 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

What's funney is the 2005 falcon may look more like the AU than the barra just with differant doors.
Since the Au's been introduced there are heaps of Euro cars that have copyed the look IMHO. Most designers have always considered the AU ahead of it's time and I think it was.
Id be interested to know the specs on the 2005 car thou as that will most likly be the year I buy a brand new car for my self and the missus. I've always promised myself I'd get a new car one day and on that day the car will be a FORD!
Old 10-01-2002, 21:25   #5 (permalink)
No Boundaries!

I would of thought BE, but then again the new Commie out in 2004-2005 will be called VE...

It should have a new 6 speed Manual and 5 speed Auto by then anyway, who knows, ford could bring out the first australian 6 speed auto! :-)

Anyway, I know the BA just came out and we should be only talking about the latest one, but seeing I can't buy one till 2005 anyway, I'm gonna wait it out till the next model arrives...

Neo
NeoXplod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 22:49   #6 (permalink)
1000th post by 2014

Ba has to succeed before anyone should even consider thinking about the next falcon. reality is if the BA fails (somehow) then it could be a red light for the falcon name. Pessimistic, i know, but that business for ya
bafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 23:42   #7 (permalink)

Has holden used the model name VD,I think thats nexted, but could of been used insted of VY, If the name fits.
fordxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 23:45   #8 (permalink)

Next is VE.
Old 10-01-2002, 23:48   #9 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

Quote:
Originally posted by NeoXplod

It should have a new 6 speed Manual and 5 speed Auto
IMO 6 speed manuals suck, that said I have only ever driven a holden one, and every few seconds you are changing, a real pain, keep it to 5 speed I think, more is not always better!

and I heard the next commo would be called the VZ, I doubt they would go back to VE
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 23:49   #10 (permalink)

Yes, the VY upgrade is VZ, but the all new one is VE. Sorry for the mix up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub