The next Falcon? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2002, 19:55   #1 (permalink)
****in Flat Out Racing

Question The next Falcon?

OK, so the BA is here. Thanks GP.

But what's next? What is the future of the Australian developed Falcon? I sure hope there is one, as I beleive there is nothing in the current global Ford fleet that would work here like the Falcon.

Must be rear drive. Definately. Besides, Skaifey says so.

They tried us on the Taurus, and failed dismally. Was it an experiment to see how America's top selling sedan would fare downunder as a possible replacement for Falcon? Or did Ford honestly beleive it was a good steer? *cough*. I beleive it was the former.

My gut feeling is that Ford have invested too heavily in what is essentially a mid-life facelift in BA for it to fall by the wayside in a few years. I would like some confirmation on Ford Oz's long term plans.

I for one would fret if I could not choose a new local rear driver in years to come.
FFOracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2002, 20:27   #2 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

Who said Falcon wasn't going to be here after BA?

I reckon if they were going to replace Falcon's, that they should do it with Mustangs, or one of the others (not taurus).

Just because they brought Taurus here doesnt mean they are planning to replace our cars. (Although, focus > laser, fiesta > festiva, who's to say?)
Old 11-03-2002, 00:03   #3 (permalink)
sharkysBA XR8

if they do replace it, i put my hand up for the fortyniner
Old 11-03-2002, 00:28   #4 (permalink)
llama

Theres nothing to replace the Falcon here. Besides, if worst came to worst, they could always do what they did with the AU. i.e. - carry on the chassis and mechanicals and put on new shell and interior. That wouldn't cost too much and they'd sell more than tauruses.
Old 11-03-2002, 01:07   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

'06 Falcon is in development. Absolutely nothing is known about it....... yet.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:28   #6 (permalink)
****in Flat Out Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by FM
'06 Falcon is in development. Absolutely nothing is known about it....... yet.
The BA, as good as it is, will be up for some pretty tough competition from the HFV6 (great donk) and VZ Commodore. I wonder what Ford have up their sleeves for BAII and onwards till '06?

My guess is that BA will be spending the next year at Jenny Craig. I also wonder what the long term options are for the Falcon powerplant. Like i said, the HFV6 is supposed to be an impressive motor.
Old 11-03-2002, 01:31   #7 (permalink)
****in Flat Out Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by llama
Theres nothing to replace the Falcon here. Besides, if worst came to worst, they could always do what they did with the AU. i.e. - carry on the chassis and mechanicals and put on new shell and interior. That wouldn't cost too much and they'd sell more than tauruses.
Not if Ford US pull the plug on local manufacturing. I doubt any local company would have the $$$ to resurrect it. Even if they did use the same mechanicals and chassis, woud only extend the Falcons life for a few years. Afterwhich, it will be outclassed by the Commodore, Camry and Magna and hence no-one would buy it, unless they sold it at such a low price.
Old 11-03-2002, 01:37   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by FFOracing
My guess is that BA will be spending the next year at Jenny Craig. I also wonder what the long term options are for the Falcon powerplant. Like i said, the HFV6 is supposed to be an impressive motor.
If there was one things that gonna worry me for next Commodore, it was that V6. Though, if Fords luck changes, Holden could poorely execute the use of that V6 (too much weigh, bad gearbox etc) but i doubt that will happen.

I think Ford will be know the threat, and have something in the sleeze, with the money there raking in from this series BA falcons :D
Barra_4_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:40   #9 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

I'm really looking forward to when Commode picks up the Caddy IRS. Said to be a great IRS with the HFV6 motor. VE should be a very good car all things considered.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 16:41   #10 (permalink)

Well its easy to see where Ford will head with next Falcon, and dont worry about next Commodore, take a look around the Ford stable, and peice together fact, genuine future product, and hearsay.

Right'o, From all reports the '03 Lincoln LS (Fords competitor to Cadillac CTS) is by far and away a better car than the Caddie, it also said to drive,ride better than a Bimmer 5. I do know for a fact Ford Australia had a couple of LS in australia as a benchmark for Barra (seems to have paid off, hey). Because the DEW 98 platform is due to be updated with the all-new Jaguar S-Tupe and Lincoln LS for about 2006, its possible a chaper Falcon platform is in there too. Dont forget our local gyus are very resoursfull.

Fords Control Blade is just about the best IRS in mass production, so with a bit of R&D should stay very compettetive. And with J-Mays keeping his eye on things, it well look good. At this point i shoud say GM's global design shift, Cadillac 'Art & Science' beeing the extream, means we could see a VERY edgy Commodore, much more than AU.

Furthure more, if Ford Oz is forced to use a front-drice platform, there is a good one comming in the form of the Ford 500 large medium sedan due in '04, though all Falcons would benefit from Jaguar's lesons learnt with X-Type. So if this does happen, all Falcons would have to be AWD.

Thats it for my speculation, but i will say there is some damn fine stiff in the Ford stable, so dont be too worried, Ford Australia might just pull a rabbit from their cap.

That said, I should quote ABBA "Money, Money, Money"...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Detroit Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub