Next ford Big Bronco - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2001, 07:32   #1 (permalink)
Bronco Member

Ok here's the deal you guys. Ford was planning on making a new generation of the Bronco on the Excursion platform. It has a solid front axle, removable top like the last one, same engines as the Excursion, bla bla bla. Some people at

ford-trucks.com/dcforums/bigbronco/500.html

(I think thats the right URL) are trying to get them to bring it back. Seems that FoMoCo was testing it, they already have some prototypes possibly, and they conducted a market survey and decided that people don't want it, and instead want Expeditions and Exploders. Now if you are like me and can't believe that want to listen to a bunch of soccer moms and yuppies to determine whether or not they build a truck for US.. you will go and make a big deal of writing letters and posting to this forum, or the other one at the link above. We need as many letters as possible to change Ford's mind! This is not a joke- its fo' real!

Later everyone,
Matt
bigbronco85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2001, 10:15   #2 (permalink)
Bronco Member

Arrow broncos

Sorry about the wrong address - Here is the correct URL to the forum:

http://ford-trucks.com/dcforum/bigbronco/500.html

There is a guy on there who will send any positive comments about bringing back the Bronco directly to Ford. He has inside connections, and has already sent over 350 letters. There are also some computer-altered photos of an Excursion that show what the new Bronco may look like. Of course, you can also post to this forum as well. If enough people ask Ford to do this, it can easily happen. This is a very big deal.
Thanks Everybody! Lets get Ford to bring back the Bronco!

Later,

Matt
Old 03-29-2001, 07:29   #3 (permalink)
Bronco Member

new thread

Anybody interested can also check out the other thread on this site in the Full- Size bronco section.

http://discussions.fordforums.com/sh...p?threadid=977

Check it out :)

Lata

1985 Bronco XLT, 351, 4bbl, C-6, Ford 9"rear
1982 Lincoln Mark VI, 302, EFI
Old 04-02-2001, 09:26   #4 (permalink)
Bronco Member

hope

It appears that the project might not be all that DEAD after all, check out that forum. Seems a prototype-Bronco was seen around the Detroit area! Lets get those posts coming in guys....

http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/bigbronco/500.html

http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/bigbronco/918.html

http://discussions.fordforums.com/s...hp?threadid=977

Later,

Old 04-09-2001, 07:12   #5 (permalink)
Bronco Member

blah

Hey lets get some action on these forums yo! Thats what this site is for, right!? :) This new bronco coming up seems promising.
:wink2:

Old 04-11-2001, 07:34   #6 (permalink)
Bronco Member

new bronco pic

I made this on my computer, from an Excursion photo I found on the 'net.
It looks way more realistic in large size- has better resolution. I had to shrink it to get it to fit.
Please post here or to any of the other forums with comments guys. If the bronco is brought back it may look like this. Tell me if you like it! Changes?

P.S. you can e-mail me if you want a bigger size of this picture. - bigbronco85@hotmail.com

Later,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (14.0 KB, 321 views)

Old 04-11-2001, 20:45   #7 (permalink)

Given how important the US market is for landrover, how do you figure landrovers product range may impact on the US SUV Ford program like bronco and the like
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 07:20   #8 (permalink)
Bronco Member

hmmm....

Well, I don't really know. The only Land Rover model that sells pretty well here is the Discovery, and I probably see a lot of them only because I live 10 miles away from the biggest dealer in the country I guess.

I don't think Ford would kill the Bronco off because of the Land Rover, but I do think they may bring the Defender back to the U.S., rather than develop a whole new "Wrangler fighter." That would be the logical thing to do.

The Bronco would be more powerful, larger, cheaper, and more likely to be used off road than any vehicle produced by LR, except maybe the upcoming small SUV.

The Bronco would still be larger, cheaper, and more powerful though, even in that situation.

I hardly ever see a Defender with a speck of mud on it here, and never a Discovery or Range Rover at all! I'm sure that all of the vehicles produced by LR are adroit off-road, but they almost never get used that way.
(The Defender is a CLASSIC OFF-ROADER in my opinion , and should be used that way, instead of being driven around Boston by preppies, dot com yuppies, and cell-phone-using soccer moms as an "around town vehicle." It pisses me off when I see that. :mad: )

People who buy broncos need to tow boats, campers, and even race-car trailers on occasion, so a LR wouldn't appeal to them because of its lack of high towing capacity.
When you get down to it, both Land Rovers and Broncos are fine vehicles.

That's just my $ .02 though.

Later,

Old 04-12-2001, 15:35   #9 (permalink)

Suspect price might play apart as well. The third generation Range Rover is due out late this year and is said to offer a new suspension that will break new ground as the original did back in the late 60s. BMW were contracted to finish the car. The Discovery and Defender are both slated to be increasing in size. I find it interesting that the Landrover car is not used much off road in the US. In the uk thats all they do even Range Rovers. Not up with US ford SUVs but the models that might conflict the most would be the Linchin model and may be the explorer. Paying as much as Ford did for the debt riddled brand I bet something will have to change and the secret is the US market but surely not at the expense of Fords own products. The Freelander now that it has the V6 and the new defender are both heading to the US at some stage. Ford must be close to the biggest seller of SUVs in the world now?
Old 04-12-2001, 21:38   #10 (permalink)

What are the current model specs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub