Nhra - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2004, 05:45   #1 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Nhra

Watching drag racing on Fox ..
They get on so well with each other..Even when they loose they can't wait to congratulate them...Scalsi beat John Force [What a charactor]Then Scalsi was quickly out of car when J. Force congratulated him.. Forces younger driver Eric Medlen in his other car beat Scalsi in final...They are running in 6 seconds funny cars...
Imagine that in V8's here ????
Driver getting on well I mean...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2004, 06:54   #2 (permalink)
Whats traction?

Re: Nhra

It would be nice to see that at a dragstrip here too, but I doubt the V8's will ever be that friendly.

It would feel like hell had actually frozen over to see Ambrose and Bright sit down to a beer after a race!

Good on the US for showing us how it should be.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:57   #3 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

Doesn't John Force run Nitro Funny Car? ie: 4sec
Old 08-18-2004, 13:31   #4 (permalink)

Obvious youv'e never been in the pits at a drag meet in Aust.
The draggers are like a big bunch of mates, if one's in trouble, others come to give a hand, even if that bloke might beat you next run.
No rivalry, they are all drag racers after all.
Old 08-18-2004, 17:56   #5 (permalink)
Whats traction?

Umm, you must be going to different drag strips to me. On the whole the scene is friendly enough and i'm sure the pro's are a litle more relaxed. But I have to admit a lot of racers at the strips i've been to for street meets aren't all that friendly at all (non FordForum events of course). More often its the track staff I find myself chatting to because the blokes with the cars are too far up themselves for a chat.

Not anywhere near as bad as the easternats though, some people there just have totally the wrong attitude.

But most of my comments were aimed at the V8 supercars. The drivers there just don't get along!
Old 08-20-2004, 03:24   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdc351
Umm, you must be going to different drag strips to me. On the whole the scene is friendly enough and i'm sure the pro's are a litle more relaxed. But I have to admit a lot of racers at the strips i've been to for street meets aren't all that friendly at all (non FordForum events of course). More often its the track staff I find myself chatting to because the blokes with the cars are too far up themselves for a chat.

Not anywhere near as bad as the easternats though, some people there just have totally the wrong attitude.

But most of my comments were aimed at the V8 supercars. The drivers there just don't get along!
Whats NHRA got to do with V8 supercars. ????????????????
Old 08-20-2004, 03:44   #7 (permalink)
known as tibbo

The fact that they already have the $$ coming in thru sponsorship and are not concerned/ threatened by the opposition...

I too love the fact that NHRA teams forgo the inter-crew rivalry to see that the spectators get the Best show available

It might have something to do with the target audience but in my books the American motor sports really show the Aussies how a successful and profitable motor series should be run
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:51   #8 (permalink)
Circuit board dressups!

I catch the drag races every now and then on ESPN, and they really are great, I too loved the way the drivers seemed so friendly, it's really great... would love to see it in the V8 Supercars, but I just can't see it happening without a bit more money rolling into the series.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:59   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Black
I catch the drag races every now and then on ESPN, and they really are great, I too loved the way the drivers seemed so friendly, it's really great... would love to see it in the V8 Supercars, but I just can't see it happening without a bit more money rolling into the series.
How is more money going to make it more friendly?
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:16   #10 (permalink)
known as tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose_1
How is more money going to make it more friendly?
with a bigger pool the fish in it dont feel the need to adopte the take 'me or him' attitiude

The teams are financially secure and contracted, so Joe Blo isn't pinching your corporate dollars
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub