No Holiday For Ford - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2001, 09:59   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

No Holiday For Ford

While most of the automotive manufacturing industry is winding down for Christmas, a team of Ford employees is winding up for a critical work period. Around 1000 employees will be on the job at Ford's Broadmeadows and Geelong operations throughout the Christmas/New Year holidays installing equipment critical to the successful launch of the new Falcon in the latter part of next year as well as undertaking general maintenance. Major projects at the Broadmeadows Assembly Plant worth more than $10 million will get underway, including installation of a new state-of-the-art, computerized welding facility to build the engine bay of the Falcon plus additional laser-technology wheel alignment facilities. In Geelong, the Stamping Plant is building a new high-technology $7 million robotic Falcon rear-floor assembly facility while the Powertrain Plant has $9.6 million worth of line upgrades happening as part of a new engine program. Ford engineers and maintenance employees will be working with suppliers to ensure the new systems are up and running when the plants resume operation on January 16, 2002.
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2001, 14:31   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Poor bastards! Says he who's sitting at work awaiting the ok to re-open Canberra roads.. :s6:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 14:38   #3 (permalink)
gone

Porr bastards, says he who sits at work posting on FF
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 14:39   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge
Porr bastards, says he who sits at work posting on FF
There's that too.. :s6:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 14:55   #5 (permalink)
Ford Focus WRC Driver.

Hehe...other Ford employees (ie. me) will actually have a chance to "play" with the 220kW and 250kW T-Series. There's NO WAY we could have got a chance to drive them with everyone else around waiting for a chance to drive it. Who's a poor bastard now.....:bs2:
Old 12-26-2001, 14:57   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by rallyman
Hehe...other Ford employees (ie. me) will actually have a chance to "play" with the 220kW and 250kW T-Series. There's NO WAY we could have got a chance to drive them with everyone else around waiting for a chance to drive it. Who's a poor bastard now.....:bs3:
Some people get all the luck.:s6:
Space Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 15:05   #7 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Hehe...other Ford employees (ie. me) will actually have a chance to "play" with the 220kW and 250kW T-Series. There's NO WAY we could have got a chance to drive them with everyone else around waiting for a chance to drive it. Who's a poor bastard now.....:bs2:
****mental note****

Rallyman needs to be punished
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 15:50   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge

****mental note****

Rallyman needs to be punished
****mental note****

must assume Rallyman's identity AFTER he gets punished by laminge :bs6:
Old 12-26-2001, 16:02   #9 (permalink)
Ford Focus WRC Driver.

My drive of the T-Series.

Being one of the poor suckers that had to come into work, I quickly forgot about it when I got the chance to drive down the Hume in a T-Series. I have to admit that I didn't trash it to it's peak but that's because I didn't need to. The colour was the new blue (the one the 250kW ute was at the motorshow) and it certainly caught people's eye. Being that I was driving in B'meadows, that was enough I found.

But the acceleration was just quite something else. I only took it up to 80km/h (last thing I wanted was to get booked!!) but I reached it in no time (torque to burn!!!). I locked it in 2nd gear after the second set of lights so I could hear the high revving engine and it sounded sweet! The handling was very good as well (as I expected) and the brakes were also excellent (car was fitted with Brembo option). Unfortunately, my salary is nowhere near enough to be able to afford such a beast but hey, I can only dream. My new ambition, get one of these monsters into my driveway!

The only bad thing about it was the seats. But that's because I'm a big fan of bucket sports seats. But apart from that, it was all good. You should have seen the smile on my face when I was driving down the Hume in it. Guess I'm just a lucky prick.....I don't know how I'm going to get my mind back to work now!
Old 12-26-2001, 16:39   #10 (permalink)

Re: My drive of the T-Series.

Quote:
Being one of the poor suckers that had to come into work, I quickly forgot about it when I got the chance to drive down the Hume in a T-Series. I have to admit that I didn't trash it to it's peak but that's because I didn't need to. The colour was the new blue (the one the 250kW ute was at the motorshow) and it certainly caught people's eye. Being that I was driving in B'meadows, that was enough I found.

But the acceleration was just quite something else. I only took it up to 80km/h (last thing I wanted was to get booked!!) but I reached it in no time (torque to burn!!!). I locked it in 2nd gear after the second set of lights so I could hear the high revving engine and it sounded sweet! The handling was very good as well (as I expected) and the brakes were also excellent (car was fitted with Brembo option). Unfortunately, my salary is nowhere near enough to be able to afford such a beast but hey, I can only dream. My new ambition, get one of these monsters into my driveway!

The only bad thing about it was the seats. But that's because I'm a big fan of bucket sports seats. But apart from that, it was all good. You should have seen the smile on my face when I was driving down the Hume in it. Guess I'm just a lucky prick.....I don't know how I'm going to get my mind back to work now!
*forms a que for all the people that wish to punish rallyman*

you lucky lucky bastard! hehe
good on ya! at least someone got to have fun today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub