no insurance = no XR8 Sprint - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2003, 03:19   #1 (permalink)

no insurance = no XR8 Sprint

Well i was so close to owning an ed xr8 sprint 5 speed yesterday but unfourtunatley even though my finance was approved i couldnt get insurance so im afraid the deal is gunna fall through. Im starting to develop a real dislike for insurance companys. Im the first to admit i dont have a perfect driving record (3 speeding fines and a reckless driving charge - 4 years ago) but ive paid thousands of dollars to insurance companys in the few years ive had my licence and never made a claim. does anyone know of any mystical insurance companies that insure poor buggers like me? (BTW im in WA so JCI wont insure me either)
XA_JG66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2003, 03:26   #2 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Re: no insurance = no XR8 Sprint

Sorry to hear buddy,all you can do is grab the yellow page's or see a broker and shop around,but by the sound's of it you are going to have a hard time or it's going to cost you.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 03:34   #3 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Sorry to hear it mate. I'm bloody fed up with insurance companies - they are right up there with the government fools who install speed cameras in the name of "road safety" without giving a toss about driver education.

Good luck with it.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 19:30   #4 (permalink)
Not a Twink

Yeh insurance companies are tossers. Have you tried RAC ?? They seem pretty good believe it or not.

Shannons might issure you too, but will probably be expensive.

I too have paid huge money to insurance companies over the years and have never made a claim... And I still get ripped off.. Got forbib what the insurance will be like when I get my EB GT
honer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 19:42   #5 (permalink)

It's complete bullshit. Just dont insure it. Make sure you've got third party property and get fire and theft....now just make sure you don't have an accident. Simple really. Personally the excess on my insurance is probs worth more than the car itself.

I had a small accident about 6 months ago. Cost of the repairs $600. Insurance excess (not considering the eventual hike in premiums and black mark aganist my name) $700. It's really only for the big one in case that happens.

Have confidence in your own ability and dont drive stupidly and don't insure it. The whole world is led to believe a stupid lie that led to inflated insurance premiums etc after September 11. The chances of you having "the big one" are probably roughly the same as you winning 1st division in lotto. So why not put you insurance down on the lotto every week? At least you'll get some fun out of it.

But then again how the heck did you get finance without inusrance?
subsbligh35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 19:54   #6 (permalink)
AKA: Spaniard

The finance was probably a pre-approval. I guess that would be the case though.

Damn shame about insurance these days. Seems like they are insuring the person that drives it more than the car itself!
Old 09-25-2003, 00:53   #7 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Re: Re: no insurance = no XR8 Sprint

[QUOTE=subsbligh35]....now just make sure you don't have an accident. Simple really. QUOTE]
Yeah, right!
If you can't afford insurance, you can't afford the car - and if you can't get insurance, a lot of us don't really want to be sharing the road with you
IIV8II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 01:05   #8 (permalink)
i pity tha fool

try HBF aswell.

but yeh sorry to hear that mate. ya miss out on a nice car just coz the bean counters at X insurance company think they'll go backrupt if they insure risky people.

Previous ride: EBII V8 Manual Ghia spring roll.
Current ride: 1970 ZC 351 Fairlane Custom.. (estimated 350ftlb @ 2000rpm.. max torque 420ftlb at 4500rpm.. with standard exhaust manifold!)
jmartion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 03:14   #9 (permalink)

Yeah thanx guys - I tried shannons as thats who my GT is insured with and get this - Since i renewed my insurance with them for the GT there policy has changed from min. 21 years of age to min. 25 yrs. F*!k knows what Im going to do when it comes time to renew that policy again next year, looks like that wont be insured either. But on a good note Ive found a company thats willing to take my GT as security which means I may get the loan after all. I find out tomorrow and Ill let u know. Fingers crossed!!
XA_JG66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 05:49   #10 (permalink)
gone

Best of luck!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub