no luck - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2004, 02:20   #1 (permalink)
elghia looking like blue

no luck

well 2 weeks before i send my car off for a spray job, but on my way home from work today i notice my temp gauge going up to half, then down to dead cold then back up to half, and it keeps doing this gradually, so i speak to my mechanic and he said "no worries, just chuck a new thermostat in and see what it does"

but then i remember the other day i opened to bonnet to check the fluids and notices water stains on the exhaust heat sheild, and moisture down the side of the block and i mentioned this to him, and his face dropped and said "sounds like the common i6 prob, broken head bolt, which means the head has to come off"

its not official but it looks like this is the case, when i go for a long drive all i can smell is coolant, and i also have to top up the coolant quite regularly, but ive never seen any moisture on my driveway from it,

i was gonna sell my car after i painted it, but im not gonna sell it like this, im just not a dodgy person, and even tho my mechanic is very cheap, its still gonna cost a packet t take the head off, AAAAAHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGG

oh well at least its lasted 245,000kms with no REAL dramas untill now, but on the other hand ive only had 20,000kms of trouble free motoring since i bought it, atleast this is the chance to fix my noisy lifters, and maybe a cam, but then ive got a dodgy trans, somethiing about a pressure solonoid......IT NEVER ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meh thats my bitch for the day

eafairmontghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2004, 02:35   #2 (permalink)
w w w .eafalcon. c o m

Re: no luck

Shit that sucks Paul. So the gasket has blown?? damn. I know mines gunna go soon... it has too!! way too much floggin + 400000kms =not good.

I think i'm gunna buy a bike.
dpk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:42   #3 (permalink)
elghia looking like blue

naa the gasket isnt blown, well there is no water in the oil or visa versa, but is a head bolt is broken then u might as well replace the gasket whilst your in there, as it will only be the price of the gasket on top of the overall price,

it wouldnt worrie me so much if it was cheap to catch the train everywhere, whats worse is my mum is gonna let me drive her tr magna when my car comes off the road, A BLOODY TR!! i hate that friggen thing, and rather spends a shit load to catch the train lol

naa just joking, im greatfull that she is gonna lend me the car, just a pain in the ass tho.......christ......a tr magna

Old 08-24-2004, 03:08   #4 (permalink)
elghia looking like blue

oh just remembered that a little while ago i had the power steering pump replaced, but its been loosing fluid latley and at low speeds it has no power steering at all, and i sounds like the rack is rat shit.......money money money

Old 08-24-2004, 03:27   #5 (permalink)
wants a manual!

****, what a pain...with all these repairs you have to do you may as well keep it once they're fixed, should be more reliable and look good with the new paint job. are you at tafe next week??
John_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:47   #6 (permalink)
Formerly: SmokeEA

Sorry to hear that mate, lets hope this is the last problem you will encounter for a long while.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:51   #7 (permalink)
He without "fastness"

your lucky man... about 5000km after i got my EA, i had to do the radiator, new head, new gaskets, thermostat housing, thermostat, harmonic balancer, timing kit, 2x tyres, front wheel bearings, front brake pads... the list goes on... plus MANY oil and coolant changes. It still needs new bushes and joins for the suspension, new shocks, rotors soon, the trans is playing up.. fun fun fun :(

Coming Mods: Multipoint Fuel, 5spd conversion.

The worlds most effective pickup line: Hey, can you tell me if you think that this rag smells like chloroform?
SoulReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:38   #8 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

more problems = more fixes = more reliable!

hang in there buddy. my car is going through a period much the same. My rear rotor has about 5mm run out its that bad. both front rotors are heat cracked. my upper hose had a small split so I replaced that. Thje next time i drove it it was still leaking but this time another hose had split talk about bad timing. My starter motor needs a recondition as sometime it just doesnt work and need the old hit with wheel brace pursuasion trick. My alternator charg wire was glowing red the other night so I went to unbolt it and clean the terminal. thng was it snapped the tread off it completely so now i need a new alt. all this in one week and ontop of reg which i had just paid!
Old 08-24-2004, 05:36   #9 (permalink)
elghia looking like blue

nz - ahh u just reminded me i paid my reg yesterday AAHHHH and my insurance is due in a two weeks, and once i pull the car off the rd it will prob be off for a few months AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lol

sounds harsh but i actually feel a little better caus my car probs are nothing compared to some of u guys lol, thanks!!

john_xr6: yeah i got tafe next week, dunno if im gonna take my car or the magna, im getting my car looked at properly tomorrow avo after my grandads funeral so ill know exactly what im up for then, i may end up stripping the car down for paint tomorrow avo, get it painted the week after tafe then look at the mechanicals after the paint, so instead of having a shit looking car that runs nice ill have a nice looking car that looks shit lol, well one day ill have the best of both worlds

on a side note even tho it a bit early to look into it, but has anyone got any suggestions of a nice cam to buy, the only mods ive done so far are a 2.5inch cat back exhaust and xr8 snorkel, also some prices would be nice, thanks guys!!

Old 08-24-2004, 18:22   #10 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

hehe, all my probs wer just normal maintenance except they all just happened to happen at the same time. The upside is when i went in to buy the radiator hose I also came out with a set of ELGT rims hehe biggest impulse buy of my life!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub