No more hitting walls :0) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ā» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2003, 17:32   #1 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Thumbs up No more hitting walls :0)

Found this on ebay - looks interesting for when parking is tight in your garage.

Drive your car into your garage with the confidence you wont hit the back wall.

This unit is your own personal set of traffic lights that tell you when to stop so you are perfectly positioned in the garage.

The Green light illuminates at about 1m- 'Keep driving', the yellow light at about 700mm- 'Get ready to stop', and the red light about 400mm- 'Park it now!!' .

It uses an Ultra-Sonic sensor to measure how far away your car is and is attached with a curly cord. Its easy to install and is supplied with Velcro mounting.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....category=31250

Dellboy999

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2003, 18:43   #2 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

Bah if you know how to drive you wouldn't need one of those! I reckon after parking you car in the same garage for a while you would know how far to go back...

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 23:53   #3 (permalink)
elghia looking like blue

maybe i could use one of these

yesterday i came screaming in my driveway caus i was pissed off and sick of traffic and just wanted to get home, to my shock and horror there was a huge ass trailer sitting in my parking spot which i ran into, didnt do much damage just a few scratches on a pre-destroyed front bumper

altho as the goodz said if you know your parking space and there is no magically appearing objects from time to time you shouldnt have a problem

eafairmontghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 00:09   #4 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Their for sale at BigW.
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 00:19   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Damn, I thought it was gonna be a tennis ball on a rope.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 03:26   #6 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Goodz
Bah if you know how to drive you wouldn't need one of those! I reckon after parking you car in the same garage for a while you would know how far to go back...

Alex

I manage to stop just a few centimetres shy of the fence when I reverse into my spot at home. Been doing so for over 5 years now and have only touched the fence once or twice, but it's a cyclone type fence so it's not that big a deal.

As for this device telling you to stop at 40cm. can they be a bit more conservative?! I'd reprogram it to go yellow at 30cm and red at 10cm.

This is in stark contrast to the patented StriderReverseParkingGuide™ that has a delayed "Nay" readout and that only announces "Nay" after you've kissed the object behind you! hehehehe
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmaticā„¢) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothmanā„¢.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub