No towbar on the T3?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2001, 16:14   #1 (permalink)
Australian XR8 Member

mad No towbar on the T3??

The time has come to trade in my elxr8 (end of lease). Looking for something a bit nicer, than another xr8, and something that can handle. Enter the T3. I've gotta say I got pretty excited by it. Owning the last of the windsors would certainly be something. I rang up City Ford about it a while ago, and quized the salesdroid on various things. One of my greater requirements is being able to tow. Not too outrageous a request for an Aussie v8 ? The City Ford sales droid was unsure about it.

Yesterday I rang up the guy, who was on holidays. So I decided to call Brad Garlick. I have to say after my experience with the sales guy I got there I will never buy a car from them. When queried about the tow bar, he told me it definately was not an option. He said it would void warranty, to which I said well I wont buy one then. He then tried to tell me that I shouldnt want to tow with a sports car. I have to say being told what to use my car for is not something I enjoy from a saleman.

Well, now it looks like my Ford days are coming to an end. Apart from the fact that im not happy with Fords service (Titan ford, Brookvale) on my current car, there is nothing that really suits on the market at the moment and my lease is up before the AV is out.

Unless this guy was as misinformed as he sounded. So is it true ? No towing ?

Looks like I may have to resort to a BMW or a Subaru B4. Must have something that handles......
Finno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2001, 16:24   #2 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

My experience with dealer salemen, is that until they actually get a car at their dealer then they have no idea. Most of the time when I've previously queried them on a upcoming model, I've known a hell of a lot more than they have.

I'd shoot an e-mail off to Tickford, or even better use the Ford "Live" Customer Service on the Ford website here.

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 16:36   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

If you go to www.fte.ford.com.au buy online section a towbar doesn't appear to be an option.

You may be able to request it however but it seems to be a bit of a strange omission.

I have the MOTOR issue with the poster and looking a the rear end it doesn't look like there is a slot in the body kit either.
TheBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 16:44   #4 (permalink)
Australian XR8 Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBow

I have the MOTOR issue with the poster and looking a the rear end it doesn't look like there is a slot in the body kit either.
I have almost every mag with an article on it. It doesnt look like the bodykit can take a tow bar, this is why I asked the dealer. Its not uncommon to cut holes in bodykits for these sorts of things but voiding warranty???
Old 12-05-2001, 16:48   #5 (permalink)
Australian XR8 Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Grunter
I'd shoot an e-mail off to Tickford, or even better use the Ford "Live" Customer Service on the Ford website here.
Thanks, I have done so, and will let you all know the outcome.
Old 12-05-2001, 16:50   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

I read have definately read somewhere - cant remember where but it was very definate that a tow bar would end the warranty on a t3.

Good option would be to extend the lease on the XR for 12 months (it should cost less than you are paying now) and then buy a AV XR.
Bluey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 16:50   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by Finno
..but voiding warranty???
Can't help but agree. Why would fitting a tow bar void warranty? Sounds like pure BS to me..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 17:05   #8 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

Disclaimer

YOu would have read it on the T3 preview page at the FTE site

Quote, "The latest specification sheet should be referred to for information on the availability, ordering and use of optional equipment. T-Series vehicles must not be used for towing"

bye
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 17:20   #9 (permalink)
Mistress Death Metal ;)

Re: Disclaimer

Quote:
Originally posted by FordACE
T-Series vehicles must not be used for towing"
... anyone know an easy way to fit an engine/driveline to my caravan..... ?
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 17:23   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Man

Can't help but agree. Why would fitting a tow bar void warranty? Sounds like pure BS to me..
It would have something to do with the driveline
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub