Noah in the PC World - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2002, 15:49   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Noah in the PC World

Noah in modern times.
It is the year 2001 and Noah lives in the United States. The Lord speaks to Noah and says, "In one year, I am going to make it rain and cover the
whole earth with water until all is destroyed. But I want you to save the righteous people and two of > every kind of living thing on the earth. Therefore, I am commanding you to build an Ark."

In a flash of lightning, God delivered the specifications for an Ark.
Fearful and trembling, Noah took the plans and agreed to build the Ark. "Remember," said the Lord, "You must complete the Ark and bring everything aboard in one year."
Exactly one year later, a fierce storm cloud covered the earth and all the seas of the earth went into a tumult. The Lord saw Noah sitting in his front
yard, weeping. "Noah," He shouted, "Where is the Ark?" "Lord, please forgive me!" cried Noah. "I did my best, but there were big problems.
First, I had to get a permit for onstruction and your plans did not comply with the codes. I had to hire an
engineering firm and redraw the plans.
"Then I got into a fight with OSHA over whether or not the Ark needed a fire sprinkler system and floatation devices. Then my neighbor objected,
claiming I was violating zoning rdinances by building the Ark in my front yard, so I had to get a variance from the city planning commission. "I had problems getting enough wood for the Ark, because there was a ban on cutting trees to protect the Spotted Owl. I finally convinced the U.S. Forest Service that I needed the wood to save the owls. However, the Fish and
Wildlife Service won't let me catch any owls. So, no owls.
The carpenters formed a union and ent out on strike. I had to negotiate a settlement with the National Labor Union. Now I have 16 carpenters on
the Ark, but still no owls. When I started rounding up the other animals, I got sued by an animal rights group. They objected to me only taking two of each kind aboard.
"Just when I got the suit dismissed, he EPA notified me that I could not complete the Ark without filing an environmental impact statement on your proposed flood. They didn't take very kindly to the idea that they had no jurisdiction over the conduct of the Creator of the universe. Then the Army
Corps of Engineers demanded a map of the proposed new flood plan. I sent them a globe.
"Right now, I am trying to resolve a complaint filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity > Commission that I am practicing discrimination by not taking godless, unbelieving people aboard!
The IRS has seized my assets, claiming that I'm building the Ark in preparation to flee the country to avoid paying taxes. I just got a notice from the > state that I owe them some kind of user tax and failed to register the Ark as a "recreational water craft."
" Finally, the ACLU got the courts to issue an injunction against further construction of the Ark, saying that since God is flooding the earth, it is
a religious event and therefore, unconstitutional. I really don't think I can finish the Ark for another 5 or 6 years!" Noah wailed.
The sky began to clear, the sun began to shine and the seas began the calm. A rainbow arched across the sky. Noah looked up hopefully. "You mean you are not going to destroy the earth, Lord?"
"No," said the Lord sadly. "I don't ave to. The government already has."
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2002, 19:20   #2 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

ROFL - thats a good one!!
Old 03-31-2002, 20:23   #3 (permalink)