Not Holden me in anymore! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2002, 05:11   #1 (permalink)

Not Holden me in anymore!

I Need to let out my anger some how, I thought this was the best place. I went to Lilydale Holden today (after visiting the Ford joint), I looked at the VY SS, then one of the representatives yelled out so I could hear I think, to his colleague "Dreamer." This was one of a few rude expereinces I have faced at various Holden dealerships. Another was at Gosnells WA, just looking at the Monaros when they first came out. The delaer thought I was a hawker, so told me to leave. Then I told him I was interested in the Monaro and walked out. You should have seen the look on his face then! When I got back to Melbourne, I went to the Elsternwick dealership to test-drive one, I asked the guy to pop the hood, he told me he didnt have the keys (like they were that hard to get) and told me to just look under the hood of another Commodore telling me its the same engine.

I have decided enough is enough, whether they think they are justified by their actions or not, I don't care. It was all plain rudeness, even if I wasn't serious in buying a car at the time, I just wanted to see the VY SS, and should be allowed to at least first look without being ready to sign the papers, which i will do, for ANOTHER BRAND OF CAR!

SORRY IF THIS WAS TOO LONG WINDED AND BORING!
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2002, 05:18   #2 (permalink)

so that means your getting a BA then?

:D
Old 10-03-2002, 05:21   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

It really makes you wonder how some salesmen put food on their tables with attitudes like this.
If I was working in a dealership I'd be doing everything I could to please a potential customer. You never know when a sale will come along.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 05:23   #4 (permalink)

I'm seriously thinking about the XR8 :-)
....But I hate that there's always a next model up for just a little bit more! No XR8 would be the one for me I am sure! I will shop around though.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 05:24   #5 (permalink)
sharkysBA XR8

what i think is just buy what you want, dont let sad f@@ks keep
you out of the car you want if you love holdens then thats what
you will be most happy with and you your fifty grand dosent be come a waste.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:46   #6 (permalink)

Same here FM. You should not care if your customer wears thongs and a singlet they are 'all customers'. Even teenagers looking at they car- hey one day they will be potential customers. If this is one place car manufacturer can get burnt is not by the quality of their merchandise rather the some 'inept' salesman peddling their cars.

They are the ones that make or break a deal when buying a brand of car IMO. Well to the average Joe and Jayne out there. The true salesman needs dyanamism and enthusiasm and be able to sell a fridge to a eskimo or a V8 to a accontant. If they don't have that they may as well leave without damaging the firm with their bad wrap.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 09:42   #7 (permalink)
Dreamer

If you experience something like this, you should go back, with your bank cheque, wave it under the nose of the idiot sales person who was rude to you first time round and walk out laughing as loud as you can (with a bit of evil added for show)

Now thats what i call payback. Or if your filthy rich, go in with your king g's on, thongs and a singlet with you briefcase full of $100 bills in a suitcase, when they laugh at you and pay no attention, whip out the briefcase, show em what there missing, and walk across the road to a different dealer (FORD!) and drive off in a brand spanker giving the other morons the birdie as you could.

Isnt life bliss when your flithy rich...

*wakes up from his dream*
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 15:06   #8 (permalink)

Go back there in your new XR8 and rub it in. I seem to get the opposite. Quite often I'll pop into a car yard to have a squiz at a new model or just to waste some time and in no time flat I'll have some pesky salesman breathing down my neck trying to sell me a car when all I want to do is look. I guess they're just doing there job. Maybe some of them should move to your locality chevypower!

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 16:30   #9 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

Chevypower, if you PM the Mods, I am sure they will change your username to Bosspower.
Old 10-03-2002, 16:38   #10 (permalink)
RACE

Quote:
Originally posted by FM
It really makes you wonder how some salesmen put food on their tables with attitudes like this.
If I was working in a dealership I'd be doing everything I could to please a potential customer. You never know when a sale will come along.
I agree.

I used to work at Suttons Holden at Homebush and there was one sale I will always remember. There was a call I picked up from a young bloke interested in a new (then) VSII Clubsport. He sounded pissed off, because another dealer didn't take him seriously. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I offered to personally take a brochure out to him (he lived on the central coast at the time), and after a few beers at his place I drove back to work at 7pm that day with a signed order and $1000 cash deposit.

It still amazes me Salesmen still behave that way.

Good luck with whatever you buy chevypower.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub