Nothing to do .... went to the Brisbane motor show - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2002, 23:22   #1 (permalink)
Australian XR6 Member

Nothing to do .... went to the Brisbane motor show

As a Mexican in Brisbane for nearly 2 weeks with work .... and at a loose end on Sunday I thought it might be good to catch the Motor show up here before it moves down home to Melbourne.

They had a bit of excitement at the Convention centre yesterday with a fire in one of the electrical transformers, consequently today they had no theatrical lighting and no airconditioning going so it was a little bit steamy to say the least :s5 and unfortunately a lot of moving displays were not functioning.

On display at the Ford stand were the Raptor Ute, in one of those Yellowy/Greeny/Goldy colors that change with the angle you look at it.

A black "Xplod" Laser turbo .... fitted with all Sony good bits .... Subs everywhere etc.
It also had the worst welding on the fabricated turbo manifolding that I have ever seen.

A blue TS50 (I'd like one of those!) on a turntable that wasn't turning :-) .... don't realise how big those Brembo brakes are until you see them in the flesh .... f**k!

The Persuit 250 ute looked great too.

They also had a 250 KW Stroker motor on an engine stand with a cut away of the new plennum chamber (always wanted to know what was inside) it's a work of art!
There was a video screen behind the motor but it wasn't going because of the power problems .... which probably showed what goes into building one of them.

There was also a yellow Mustang convertible with a huge rear wing .... this one was nicely lowered with massive wheels that actually filled the wheel arches, unlike the sedan.
The quadcam motor had a little tag on the camcover that said "Herrod Motorsport Enhanced" anyone know what mods are made?

OK thats enough writing .... I'm off to get a capuccino!!

Alan ....

XR8 & XR6 Owner's Club of Victoria Member
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2002, 00:42   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

The yellow stang was an RA, but I don't know exactly what the mods were. Probably head, definitly exhaust. I had a clamber in the F250 when I went there. Holy Sh!t those things are massive, you could raise a family in one of those things. Also got to hear a ferrari 360 getting revved, VERY pleasant sound but a bit of a worry to see a brand spankers car blowing smoke. I'd still but one if I had the money but.
HO HO HO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 01:47   #3 (permalink)
gone

Sierra

You didnt end up down in basement plugging wires into the wrong spots???
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 02:27   #4 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Hehehe sounds like someone at the show didn't pass their sparky course.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 04:06   #5 (permalink)
Australian XR6 Member

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge
Sierra

You didnt end up down in basement plugging wires into the wrong spots???
I would have given half a chance .... now how does it go again .... the brown wire and the blue wire connects to ground .... doesn't it? :s5

XR8 & XR6 Owner's Club of Victoria Member
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 04:30   #6 (permalink)

Nothing to do .... went to the Brisbane motor show

lol, u spotted the dodgy welding on that laser's exhaust as well
antt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 09:46   #7 (permalink)

i saw a F150 lightning pickup today in st kilda! whas going on?
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 10:12   #8 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

That yellow Mustang is no ordinary one.The RA always got 5.4 with high bonnet to take the engine.I saw that yellow mustang last SMS and people were gathering around it more than did the monaro.It's 4.6l pumping 310KW,I repeat,nonnnn turbo nonnn supercharger.How the H*LL did Herrod do it,they are brilliants.
ayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 13:27   #9 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by snavy
i saw a F150 lightning pickup today in st kilda! whas going on?
Private importer mate. Much like the Mustang conversion guys around the place.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 02:32   #10 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

Re: Nothing to do .... went to the Brisbane motor show

Quote:
Originally posted by Sierra

They also had a 250 KW Stroker motor on an engine stand with a cut away of the new plennum chamber (always wanted to know what was inside) it's a work of art!.
i got a few pics of that it was pretty cool to see what the actual engine looks like out of the car.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sierra
There was a video screen behind the motor but it wasn't going because of the power problems .... which probably showed what goes into building one of them.
yes the screen did show a vid but it is the same one you can download from the ford websit anyway.

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub