NSW Police get new powers to record conversations - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2004, 21:04   #1 (permalink)

NSW Police get new powers to record conversations

Be careful what you say to that nice NSW highway patrol officer next time he has a chat to you, chances are you're being recorded. Link below
http://australianit.news.com.au/arti...nbv%5e,00.html
Tote is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2004, 21:30   #2 (permalink)
Now driving an XF Falcon.

Re: NSW Police get new powers to record conversations

I wonder how long it'll be until Victorian police are granted the same thing, after all, I'm sure that it could open up another revenue stream, and we all know how much the Victorian government loves any way it can get money out of us motorists...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 00:08   #3 (permalink)
Not Guilty, Your Honour

Careful, the next thing these Nazis might try is to take away our right to silence.

Cheers, Danny

Herrod XR8 ute for sale. too many extras to list.
Check it out here.

http://www.fordforums.com/f564/herrod-xr8-ute-66083/

http://www.fordgallery.com/showgalle...00&ppuser=9077
Full Noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 00:42   #4 (permalink)

I like this bit
"Motorists recorded on ICV will be able to view the video - which will be stored for at least two years - at police stations"

If there's no charge, go and watch it every week.....
Devil CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 14:21   #5 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Sorry I fail ton see what the issue is - appart from going back on your word of what you said to the police officer at the time the event occurred.
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 14:43   #6 (permalink)
VENOM-AU2-XR8

Voice recording can have advantages towards the public as well.. obviously a copper cant blow their steam at you, because it will be recorded..

A while ago, i was carrying a voice recorder in my car, as i used to be hastled by the cops all the time..

Everytime a copper was gonna go sour on me. I mentioned i'm going to get a voice recorder from the car to record the conversation. sometimes the copper done the same himself..

Of course legally, you have to tell the other parties that you are recording the conversation.. IE, we have to tell the coppers, and they have to tell us they are recording the conversations..

Same reason why when you call a call centre they say "For training and quality reasons, we will be monitoring this conversation, please let the operator know if you dont wish to particpate"
headsex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 23:49   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_au
Sorry I fail ton see what the issue is - appart from going back on your word of what you said to the police officer at the time the event occurred.
The issue with it is the police no longer have to ask your permission, and also, as the police are the ones in control of the recording they can determine wether you are recorded...
The recodring devices won't be running all the time, they will only record when lights/siren are activated and then run for a certain time period. If a cop decides to give you a hard time they can pull you up using a GD vehicle that won't have cameras, or pull alongside and gesture for you to pull over..
Devil CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 00:07   #8 (permalink)

picture this , the cop has u in a headlock ,head slamed on his bonnet and then he asks u , can i please record our conversation... LOL sure as long as u didnt turn it of whilst u just took that backhander from the drug runner.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:58   #9 (permalink)
Now driving an XF Falcon.

Reminds me of this: http://www.fordforums.com/f126/police-will-able-access-stored-voice-mail-email-mobile-phone-text-messages-92544/#post1011421

I just hope none of this is abused or tampered with, but being the cynical bastard I am, I think it will not be a matter of if, but when...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub