[NSW] Provisional Driver Curfew - The Facts
I know we've all had a debate before, but here's a new thread, with hard cold facts straight from the RTA, the ABS and a few other sources.
- There were 483 Fatalities on NSW roads in 2003
- People aged 17-20 were in control of a vehicle for a mere 83 fatal accidents
- The highest fatalities occur where the controller of the vehicle is 30-39 years of age, with 144 fatalities
- The second highest is 40-49 year olds, with 115 fatalities
- It is averaged that one provisional driver dies every 6 days, when the national road toll is 483, this is a fairly low number
- In the period of 2002-2003, there were 414,823 provisional licences issued in NSW (Both under the 1yr Red / 2yr Green and 30mth Red systems)
So I ask you, who exactly should be banned off our roads?
Mr Carr has stated that he is calling for an information paper to be drafted to be shown to the community about why this should happen. I know I'll be lobbying against it.
If anyone's got anything to add, please do so. Keep the flames out of the thread aswell thanks, intelligent discussion only.
 - Point 3.4.2 - RTA Statistical Data 2003