Oh the humanity - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2001, 22:45   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

mad Oh the humanity

I've been seeing some very strange things around brisbane over the past couple of weeks. Holden's seem to be metamorphising into fords. The other week I saw an HQ ute with an XA grill on it. Not the bonnet, as is commonplace, but the grill and headlights. Actually it looked really cool, as the sharper XA grill really gels with the HQ's squarer shape. The next bit of oddness was not nearly as pleasant. It was an ancient red VB commy, with what seemed to be a homemade AU XR8 front bumper ie the XR quad headlight look applied to an crappydoor. It was lifted in my estimation by the flame paint job up front (albeit also suspiciously like a home made job) but inescapably condemmed by it's wearing of 12 slot wheels. Do holden drivers not understand that these are a FORD wheel? Do we go driving our falcs around with those funny XU1 five spokes? No! God it was hideous. And let's not even mention the Barina ute I saw a couple of weeks ago.
HO HO HO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2001, 23:01   #2 (permalink)
Early Ford Member

You're not the only one!! About a week ago I saw what seemed to be a Rolls Royce 4WD Ute (with lift kit) turning into Elizabeth Street.
Saw an EL sapphire with awesome paint. It was electric silver where the sun shined off it, but deeeep burgandy everywhere else. I think they call it candy apple paint.
Saw an EB? with Cobra stripes & shaker scoop
Have seen a WB ute with merc grille
Starting to see lots of hot EA-ED 6cyl Falcons
and a F100 with an almost illegal lift kit
Saw a Jag Ute a few years ago
XT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 01:24   #3 (permalink)
V8 Ford Guy

I havn't seen much, but seen a au ute with the auii grille on it
Old 11-19-2001, 01:44   #4 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

ho ho ho, geez that sounds like some pretty spunout sitings there mate.

On the positive side of the traffic scene, i'm seeing more nice doneup EF-EL falcons around. Seems a number of people realise the very understated potential.
:s2: :s2:

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 13:31   #5 (permalink)

O.k, here in Geelong there is a guy with a VB Commodore with HUGE Chevy badges on it. That would be like me putting Aston Martin badges on my EF.
Space Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 22:21   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

frown

Saw a PINK AU fairmont ghai today. I don't know how much more of this I can take
HO HO HO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 22:26   #7 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

A lady in my area has had Pink Fairmont Ghia's from EB-AU2, imagine a pink XR8, Oh wait don't imagine it its not a vey good thought.:dead:
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 03:26   #8 (permalink)

pink fairmont ghai (gay), ay? hehe

i see some shocking stuff around parramatta everyday. considering it's Wog Central, there are all these done up ricemobiles driving around. some look half-decent, but some are just... HIDEOUS!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub