1) Pull up to Ultra Tune after driving 10,000 kms since the last oil
2) Drink a cup of coffee.
3) 15 minutes later write a cheque and leave with a properly maintained
Oil Change $55.00
OIL CHANGE INSTRUCTIONS FOR MEN:
1) Wait until Saturday, drive to auto parts store and buy a case of oil,
oil filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scented tree, write a cheque
2) Stop by Liqourland and buy a carton of beer, write a cheque for $30.00,
3) Open a beer and drink it.
4) Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.
5) Find jack stands under kid's pedal car.
6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it.
7) Place drain pan under engine.
8) Look for 9/16 box end spanner.
9) Give up and use pliers.
10) Unscrew drain plug.
11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil: Splash hot oil on face and arms in
12) Crawl out from under car to wipe hot oil off face and arms. Throw kitty
litter on spilled oil.
13) Have another beer while watching oil drain.
14) Spend 30 minutes looking for oil filter wrench.
15) Give up, crawl under car and hammer a screwdriver through oil filter
and twist off.
16) Crawl out from under car with dripping oil filter splashing oil
everywhere from holes. Cleverly hide old oil filter among rubbish in
wheelie bin to avoid environmental penalties. Drink a beer.
17) A mate shows up, finish case of beer with him. Decide to finish oil
18) Sunday: Skip mowing lawn and taking kids to footy because "I gotta
finish the oil change." Drag pan full of old oil out from underneath car.
Cleverly dump oil in hole in back yard instead of taking it to recycle.
19) Throw kitty litter on oil spilled during step 18.
20) Beer. No, drank it all yesterday.
21) Walk to Liqourland buy beer.
22) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to
23) Dump first Litre of fresh oil into engine.
24) Remember drain plug from step 11.
25) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.
26) Remember that the used oil is buried in a hole in the back yard along
with drain plug.
27) Drink beer.
28) Shovel out hole and sift oily mud for drain plug. Re-shovel oily patch
of ground and avoid environmental penalties. Wash drain plug in lawn mower
29) Discover that first Litre of fresh oil is now on the floor. Throw kitty
litter on oil spill.
30) Drink beer.
31) Crawl under car getting kitty litter into eyes. Wipe eyes with oily rag
used to clean drain plug. Slip with stupid pliers tightening
drain plug and bang knuckles on frame.
32) Bang head on floorpan in reaction to step 31.
33) Begin swearing fit.
34) Throw stupid pliers.
35) Swear for additional 10 minutes because pliers hit Miss August (2002)
37) Clean up hands and forehead and bandage as required to stop blood flow.
40) Dump in five fresh litres of oil.
42) Lower car from jack stands.
43) Accidentally crush remaining case of new motor oil.
44) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during
46) Test drive car.
47) Get pulled over: arrested for driving under the influence.
48) Car gets impounded.
49) Call loving wife, make bail.
50) 12 hours later, get car from impound yard.
Impound fee $75.00
But hey! - at least you know the job was done and you know the job was done
Shouldnt laugh *snigger* - my ex's ex once "topped up" her oil. Literally filled it to the brim with a few thousand litres or so...anyway, went to drive it, blew the oil filter off and oil all over the place.... a Hyundai driver...
__________________ 2003 BA NA XR6, Silhouette, manual, sunroof, premium audio, alarm, window tint, scuff plates, Navman (in TIMEOUT (tm)) JMM DEV3 BA kit
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
14.80 @ 95.33 mph
Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.