Ok add one more notch. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2003, 11:01   #1 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Ok add one more notch.

On the way home from my friends shop I look in my mirror and see a Black Camaro SS. I am thinking that this is going to get good. I pull up into a clear lane...he is still manuevering to get up to where i am at.

About 20 seconds later he finally is up with me. We are side by side. In my mind I knew he wanted to race....who wouldnt want to try to race a Cobra with Paper plates on it still? I look over and he is giving me the thumbs up. I hold up 3 fingers motioning that I want to go on the 3rd honk. He nodded in acceptance. I down shift into 3rd and then tap the horn 3 times.

Before my 2nd tap he is already launching. I am thinking great now i have to play catchup. I floor it. He already had 2 cars on me due to his ignorance and launcing early. As soon as I am shifting into 4th I am upto the rear of his door. I shift at 6500 and hit 5th and keep edging past him. As I do I am looking at him holding my indexfinger in the air waving it back and forth and shaking my head. I keep going until I edge him out by a ful car length.

I slow down and so did he. We are now doing 65 and lined up again. I look at him and hold up 3 fingers again he nods in compliance to my challenge. I shift down to 3rd again and then Honk once then twice and to my amazement he did not launch. hit the 3rd and we both take off. This time it is an even take off no need to play catchup on my part. That equalness did not last long as I am pulling away from him easily now.

I am watching my mirror as I slide through 4th and up into 5th as I am still putting distance on him. I figured that at 140 I will slow down. He is doing the same. I know he must be felling like crap now. Especially since I took him the first time with his Prejump and now a second time.

He is not getting up next to me now. Not sure why, but at this point I know that he knows that I can kill him easy. I looked at my gas gauge and see that I need to make a stop and fill her up with some life blood. I signal to pull off and he is still behind me. I pulled into a Filling station and proceed to hop out to fill up. He is pulling in behind me.

He gets out of his car and comes up and congratulates me on the kills and wants to know what i have done to the car. I look at him and tell him it is stock. Only change was a Pro5.0 shifter. No engine mods yet. He is sitting there in amazement. He insists that I have Nitrous. I open my Hood and my trunk and tell him to look himself. He looked it over and hung his head in shame. I told him I dont have nitrous in her yet.

We continued to talk for another 15 minutes or so. He lets me look over his SS and I take a look. Fool had some serious mods on his car. He had no less than Headers, uncatted exhaust, CAI and a larger TB from what I saw. I asked him what else he had. He told me that he has had head work, Kook's custom LT 1 3/4 inch headers w/cats removed, ZO6 Clutch, pro50 shifter, ASM Throttle body, SLP Intake, some other things I can not remember now as well as a full assortment of suspension pieces.

Now I feel damn good that I bought this car. I took a well modded Z28/SS with a modded LS1 in it. I can not wait to get my new toys on this car. He paid as much for his car as I did mine and has sunk in atleast a good 15k on mods and was spanked by an unmodded SVT. Yeah yeah yeah I know I have a blower on the car.....it is stock and I have yet to mod my car out. All LS1 owners like to say that if i did not have my blower on the car I would not take them. Funny thing is that an unmodded 4.6 like mine less a blower is still faster than an unmodded LS1.

Hopefully this will suffice for a kill story. I am going hunting later today for some more to play with. Will post them when I get home.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2003, 13:24   #2 (permalink)
gone

Thats an unreal story John. pictured it all the way!

Now arent you sorry you didnt start with Ford from day one instead of GM

What does Lethy think of the SVT now you have had it a couple of weeks
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 16:42   #3 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Top stuff John, sounds like your change to the Blue Oval has realy payed off by killing a moded Camaro SS. I'm also glad to hear that Ford is back and a force to be reckoned with in the American muscle car class.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 19:19   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

excellent effort john!!

The speeds looked so - so until I remembered they were in miles an hour!!

Long live the Mighty SVT!
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 13:26   #5 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Yes I forgot to put MPH in there. I know that it means nothing to 140kmh that is just barely 80 mph here.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub