Ok guys heres the problem... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2004, 23:34   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Ok guys heres the problem...

...basically my cars paint has been abused to the sh#thouse! 4 years in the Darwin sun, run ins with car doors and some bastard with battery acid/brake fluid dont do good things to a Galaxy AU. As a result my paint is very faded and i have alot of scratches and down the drivers side there is alot of eaten away paint in various sized patches trails. A couple of the guys from the xmas krooz have seen the damage and its pretty aweful looking up close. I cant afford a respray and im wondering if anyone else has any suggestions about what i can do to fix it? will a respray be my only option? Thanks guys, i will try to add some pics if i can!

P.S - Does anyone know how much an AU classic interior would set me back? i hate the grey of the forte and after checkin Steve's out on the weekend i wouldnt mind dropping one of them in!
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2004, 23:37   #2 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Re: Ok guys heres the problem...

Buy some nu-finish and put in some elbow grease maybe, and keep it well waxed after that.

Turtle wax make wax the colour of the car so that might help also :0)

Jason

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 23:58   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Ok guys heres the problem...

That will prob take care of a few of the scratches but in places the paint has been eaten down to metal and has tiny little spider-web style cracks all over it. Its really bad:(
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub