Opinions Please - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2003, 22:56   #1 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

Opinions Please

Hi guys just wanted some opinions on which wheels I should put on my car and also how much I would expect to pay for them.

The first pic is my EA photoshopped ( quickly ) with chaser rims and lowered, the second is it lowered with classic rims....also I threw in a pic of an ED I found on the net, what are these wheels called and how much do the go for?

P.S keep in mind my car will have colour coded door handles, mirrors and full white bumpers with chrome trim before the wheels are fitted. Anyone have any of these for sale?

Please check out

http://www.geocities.com/xmfordfalco...?1042095268421

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2003, 05:21   #2 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

I'm a big fan of the RT wheels from ROH they look great IMHO. I also like the mags on Lowered's car as there set back a bit so they won't die if they hit the kurb.
I personally wouldn't pay more than say 1500 for a set of mags I just can't justify that amount of money on something that does NOTHING for the car apart from increase wank value (can't say to much though as I'll be getting the mags under the orders of my missus)
You should be able to get a good set of 15 or 16 inch mags for around this price if not less. Just keep in mind that if you go bigger it's not just a one off payment. 17's and bigger cost a lot per tyre and I think you'd be better off with high performance 15/16" tyres rather than retread 17/18"
Or you could be a cheap ass like me and scoure the trading post for a set of second handys. ;-)

edit*** Forgot to mention I love nearly all the XR mags from the Eb to the BA Ford to a great job in wheel design****
Old 01-09-2003, 06:19   #3 (permalink)

I think somewhere you can get 16 inch chasers .... and there are some widened sets out there. I say find some 16x8 chasers and make it really low.....

1973 XB Coupe Fairmont 302, koni shocks, lovell super low fronts, extra leaf and reset leaf spings, dual exhaust, advance headers. Resprayed Vivid Blue Pearl. 17x8 & 17x10 inch FR Simmons.
EB2Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 13:42   #4 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Your third option are EB 'S' (painted) or EB XR (polished) rims. They would be my pick from your choices, I have always liked them. They are 15x7".

My second choice would be the Classics which are 15x6.5"

If you are going for chasers get some AU 16" rims and have them custom modified in offset and width (16x7"(front) 16x9" (rear))
Old 01-09-2003, 14:01   #5 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

Thanks raptor, how much would I expect to pay for a set of these EB S wheels second hand?

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 08:45   #6 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

Ummmm

Quote:
Originally posted by carazy
I just can't justify that amount of money on something that does NOTHING for the car apart from increase wank value
Bigger Wider Wheels...Bigger Wider Tyres......More Rubber in contact with the road.....More Grip.....

Or do V8 supercars only run 17x11 for wank factor

All up I payed about $2500 for my Wheels and Tyres, they improved the car out of sight over the stock 15x6, especially when I added the suspension.

It depends on your car and what you want to use it for, if it's a daily driver why bother spending money on after market 15's or 16's at all when the stockies do the job fine.

If you want performance, the bigger the better... I am already lusting after 18's after just 18 months of driving on 17's
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 17:21   #7 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

well yes obviously they increase grip at the 17/18" level but I personally can't justify the increased cost. 90% of my driving is puttering to and from work (long distance of around 100kms per day) and the other 10% is fun.
Now 18" mags would be "fully sik" but that would increase the running costs of my car from about $600 per 18months to around $1100 every 12 months. (these are prices for decent tyres btw)
Mind you after saying that I do want to upgrade to 16's once I respray my car in Feb but I'll a cheep ass bugger so I'll be going second hand. I was thinking of just getting a set of 15's but now that the barra has 16's stock the price for good tyres will come down.

Oh and in responce to your choice of mags Sixinarow.
Yeah those spac mags are nice and tidy I like em!
Old 01-14-2003, 01:10   #8 (permalink)
V8 XW Ute/APV Kitted EBII

Thumbs up Wheels

Mate,

You want wheels???..Then go here

www.donnellans.com.au

got everything you could imagine

ViGiLaNtE
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub