Original Gone in 60 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2002, 12:48   #1 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

Original Gone in 60

Can anyone tell me what the original title was for this and what year as I fancy watching it ???? Don't worry about the warnings of it being s**t as I like the B movie stuff!!!!

John
The Flying Haggis
28s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2002, 15:13   #2 (permalink)

The orignal title is " Gone in 60sec." Except the Mustang "Elinor" was a Yellow 73 fastback not the 67 Shelby GT500. Yeah the acting sucks, but the stunts " far better than the remake" and 45min chase scene makes up for it. I belive it was made in 1973/74. They guy who wrote it and stared in it died " freak stunt accident" making the sequeal to this movie. If you have SpeedVision, they showed the movie about 4 or 5 months ago. Do you have SpeedVision in Scotland ?

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 16:16   #3 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

Excellent But with the date I can source it through a movie club !!!

I take it Speedvision is a pay per view thing????

If so its pretty limited here to cable and satalite only even then its pretty s**t and your better of going to the cinema as we have a few good ones in Edinburgh (old stuff , euro ones and the big boys)

John
The Flying Haggis

Ps thanks again
Old 01-15-2002, 20:32   #4 (permalink)

Oh no it's not pay per view. SpeedVision is a regular channel on most cable and satelite systems here in the states. If it can race, they show it. Cars, boats motorcycles, lawn mowers, bobsleding, etc,etc. They also have Car and ClassicCar shows and how to fix or get more hp out of your car. It's a total racing/car channel. Here's a link to their site http://www.speedvision.com/ BTW the original came out in 1974 couln't remember earlier if it was 73 or 74. Hope that helps out.

My next Ford.....
Old 01-16-2002, 12:29   #5 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

Cheers for that , checked out the site you guys are lucky b*****ds we don't have anything like that but then satelite and cable are just over ten years old and the digital versions are only 3 years old max .

I know how far behind we are in Britain for digital stuff (tv , hi fi , etc) I was in France a few years back and watched a PPV for the formula 1 race cost about $7/8 and you had a camera at each corner, one in the pits, one of stats , and a multy screen with all (so about 8 screens in all) and you could get a season ticket for $70/80 and get all of them it was superb .

Just from this I know how far we are behind . Cable modems are just starting here and I work for the company and are trialing a new 1mb transfers next month b4 it goes public so this might give you an idea of what I mean and its going to cost about $50/month .

Cheers again

John
The Flying Haggis
Old 01-22-2002, 10:20   #6 (permalink)
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez

Thumbs up

john,

this movie was released on DVD recently, to coincide with the release of the 'remake'.

i bought this movie and i still prefer it over the new version because of the chase scene and the fact that i was born and raised in southern california. the only thing i like about the new one is the cars. lots of beautiful cars.

stacy's right. the original made the mustang the focus because it was the 'last of the v8 mustangs'.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:48   #7 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

Gona have to find it , to give you an idea of the kind of thing I like , Two Lane Black Top and Vanishing point are some of my fav's so any moody road movies are a plus point . Then theres the gasoline thing !!!!!!!!! I was touched at a young age !!!!!LOL

John
The Flying Haggis
Old 01-22-2002, 20:52   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by 28s3
Gona have to find it , to give you an idea of the kind of thing I like , Two Lane Black Top and Vanishing point are some of my fav's so any moody road movies are a plus point . Then theres the gasoline thing !!!!!!!!! I was touched at a young age !!!!!LOL

John
The Flying Haggis
Well John, your going to love this flick. I liked it better than the remake.

My next Ford.....
Old 01-26-2002, 02:42   #9 (permalink)
goooone

I have all 3 on video the first rules the second sucks but lots of smashes & the 3rd is ok
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 13:16   #10 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

3rd??????????????????????????????????????????????

Do explain????????

One very cofusused Scotsman and no whisky was involved!!!!!!

John
The Flying Haggis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub