OT: R35 Skyline pics - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2001, 00:16   #1 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

OT: R35 Skyline pics

http://home.netvigator.com/~europa/0...News_frame.htm

Check it out! I'm not convinced of the look of it yet. The front end is not good. I'm not a huge fan of vertical style headlights at all :thumbdown Really gotta wonder what they've got up their sleeves to make the GTR look the goods! Hmm.. :WH:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2001, 00:28   #2 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Yeah, not fussed on that either. Really unimpressed with the interior as well - what is it with the Japs and sterile, boring cockpits?
Old 06-20-2001, 02:54   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

Arhhh the new skyline has AU written all over it..

I see it comes with a automatic only. Wonderful, no turbos either, and its a V6, just what every performace car needs. Smells like a Camry to me, oh, and it will be sold in the USA...

I would have rathered they just killed the skyline name, this car is awful in the pure skyline sense. However it will make a nice camry competitor. They should have really made it FWD tho, because it would have been cheaper.

But I hear the GTR is where all the sportness has gone. Apparently 7 or 8 speed gearboxes and 3.5L twin turbo is the go, and the round lights will appear on the rear.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 04:50   #4 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

The Skyline is one Jap car that I could own no problem. But looking like that forget it.

How did they go from this....

to this...

JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 04:57   #5 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

You're right... I'd forgotten about that top shot. It's in an older issue of Motor somewhere too.. and was in black I think. Looked damn sweet!!! How disappointing! :( :( :(
Old 06-20-2001, 05:11   #6 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Your not wrong. The japanese manufacturers are losing the plot at the moment, there just going backwards, the new REX is trash, the new integra, EVO VII are all examples of styling going backwards, not disputing the fact that they aren't decent cars, but hell the styling is heading in the wrong direction.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 05:32   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunterâ„¢

Quote:
Originally posted by JEM
The japanese manufacturers are losing the plot at the moment
I for one am very upset about this trend.. As if.. Might be time for their cycle in the dumps while we go forth and prosper.. :D
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 05:36   #8 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Whats the deal with the Jap manufactures seems they meet over nite and all goin prelude style "bloody conservative".
Hehe see what i mean about V6 engine, there just for main stream white goods cars. RB26's were way better.

Well thats sealed it for me, i always liked the Skyline, but this one has put me off them. XR8 would do me just fine thanks...

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 17:52   #9 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Better still, make it a TS-50 with 260kw in Blue, i'll be happy :D :D :D :D :D :D

Makes the T Series look even better after seeing this ho-hum skyline sedan. My mate is convinced that the GTR will be all out though, i'm not entirely convinced. :o :o :o

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 23:33   #10 (permalink)
EB Fairmont Owner

There is a spy pic of the R35 GT-R (attached) that has been released by a jap magazine along with the following information:

To debut in 2004. The GT-R will be known as the R35, and will be separated from the lesser-powered Skyline siblings, which are known as V35 series. Apart from more muscular styling, it will possess a turbo-charged V8 motor which will generate phenomenal output. Nissan reasons that since many "foreign" cars, such as the new M3, rates their engines over 280-ps in Japan, the voluntary 280-ps limit for domestic car-makers is meaningless. With the current Infiniti Q45 making 340-hp in NA form, the turbo-charged R35 should be able to put out at least 450-hp!
TickfordEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub