Over the Edge! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2002, 17:22   #1 (permalink)
T/Control for sheilas

biggrin Over the Edge!

I remember six months ago when John Crennan was asked about his thoughts on the then rumoured XR6T and this was his answer.
"We have a 200Kw XU6 waiting for them" Remember that. Well in the car's guide yesterday, (don't know why i am still reading that crap) in the article titled " BA bites: HSV to axe XU6" says the XU6 is dropped because the power of the Ford lead to its demise. Looks like Crennan has a bigger gob than a shifter!!!!!!!!!! LOSER!!!!
gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2002, 18:02   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

haha, we all love Mr Crennan.

I love the way he's announced the Y-Series HSVs show that they're not resting on their laurels.
How? It's the same bloody car! Except with a smidgent more power, slightly better steering and a face that looks like it's come second best off a tree.
Old 10-11-2002, 19:00   #3 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Yes, lets not forget that 'Formula 1 inspired' front spoiler (insert vomit noises here).

HSV/HRT's biggest problem isn't the product, it's the arrogance that pervades the company all the way from the top.

Look at the way Crennan shit on Lowndes when he decided to leave. Look at the 'has been' comments he dumped on Ingall a few weeks ago when the switch story broke. Look at the arrogance he used 6 months ago when he said he wasn't frightened of anything Ford had coming.

Compare it to the attitude you get from GP and DF and the Ford camp. They're hungry, the good product is coming on stream, and the tall poppy syndrome is about to help them peg Holden back to size.

We shit on the commodore all the time here at FF, but it's not a bad car. If it wasn't for the competition between Oz's big 2, don't kid yourself into thinking we'd have anywhere near the quality of cars we're getting today.

But Peter Hamburgerlur had got a real problem with the arrogance of his troops that he must combat before it bites him on the arse big time.
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 21:57   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Don't forget it wasn't so long ago that GP told us he drove a BA Forte home ... knowing full well it wasn;t a forte. The realities of the situation is that you don;t run around announcing your intentions to anyone that will listen.. you keep some things underyour hat to try to outwit the opposition or gain a marketing edge.
Having said that... I don;t see any advantage to saying there will be a 200Kw 6 pack when there isnt one.. but who knows what they have up their sleeve ... not many people saw the Gen3 coming
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 22:51   #5 (permalink)
Patriotic Aussie car fan

Quote:
Originally posted by xa-coupe
... not many people saw the Gen3 coming
The holden V8 was written about being replaced for years before the gen 3 came out. I remember when they first unveiled the C5 Corvette in January 1997 at the Detroit Motor Show, the Australian media was saying that was the motor that Commodore would get. It was not a surprise, in fact the biggest surprise was that the Holden V8 actually came out with the VT 1.
Old 10-11-2002, 23:21   #6 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally posted by xa-coupe
Don't forget it wasn't so long ago that GP told us he drove a BA Forte home ... knowing full well it wasn;t a forte. The realities of the situation is that you don;t run around announcing your intentions to anyone that will listen.. you keep some things underyour hat to try to outwit the opposition or gain a marketing edge.
Having said that... I don;t see any advantage to saying there will be a 200Kw 6 pack when there isnt one.. but who knows what they have up their sleeve ... not many people saw the Gen3 coming
Maybe a TT HFV6? Guess that woiuldnt come out till about 2004, Whch is the time I predict a Hot 6 will come back into HSV. But HSV are stupid, to save embarassment they just cut the model out of the range. You should persevere with what you have till you get something better, Ford had to do this for the last 5 years, and now they are getting something not only better than what they had, but better than what the competition has.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 23:21   #7 (permalink)

Don't get me wrong, I am not Holden biased, in fact i am a little more leanient towards the BA, but you are talking as if Holden never did have a huge performance advantage, and there was no justifying by Ford fans as to why, and is if GM will never take the lead again? To be honest, I don't see a huge performance advantage by Ford, as there was between the Windsor and the Gen III. Yes the Turbo Ford six kills the GM SCV6
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 01:14   #8 (permalink)
T/Control for sheilas

Oh really, Lets see, VX ss Gen 2: 225kw to Au3 XR8:220kw
Superchargerd VX S-pack:171kw to AU3 XR6VCT:172KW
HSV Clubsport:255Kw to TE50:250Kw
GTS 300 VS ?
I suppose the biggest output advantage Holden had over the last couple of years has been 50 KW

Lets look into whats happening Now
BA XT:182kw VS VY V6:152kw
BA XR6T: 240kw VS VY supercharge S-pack:171KW
The difference, a whopping 69KW and 75nm

VY SS 235KW Vs BA XR8:260kw
Difference is 25KW and 35nm of tourque

VY Clupsport R8:260kw vs BA GT:320KW
The difference is 60kw and 65nm

Call the latter of figures an educated guess along with a getrag manual box.
gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 01:32   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by gadgeman
Oh really, Lets see, VX ss Gen 2: 225kw to Au3 XR8:220kw
Superchargerd VX S-pack:171kw to AU3 XR6VCT:172KW
HSV Clubsport:255Kw to TE50:250Kw
GTS 300 VS ?
I suppose the biggest output advantage Holden had over the last couple of years has been 50 KW

Lets look into whats happening Now
BA XT:182kw VS VY V6:152kw
BA XR6T: 240kw VS VY supercharge S-pack:171KW
The difference, a whopping 69KW and 75nm

VY SS 235KW Vs BA XR8:260kw
Difference is 25KW and 35nm of tourque

VY Clupsport R8:260kw vs BA GT:320KW
The difference is 60kw and 65nm

Call the latter of figures an educated guess along with a getrag manual box.
Gee I hope you are correct about the Getrag - but Ford are persisting with the Tremec TR3650 line at the moment.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 02:30   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Funkypig

The holden V8 was written about being replaced for years before the gen 3 came out. I remember when they first unveiled the C5 Corvette in January 1997 at the Detroit Motor Show, the Australian media was saying that was the motor that Commodore would get. It was not a surprise, in fact the biggest surprise was that the Holden V8 actually came out with the VT 1.

personally.. I saw a gen3 in a factory holden in 1997 .. so I knoew it was coming .. but look at all the people that bought series 1 VTs with the holden v8 .. then when s2 came out even the HSVs were outgunned by a v8 exec.. Lots of people didn;t see it coming .. whether they did any research or not doesnt really matter
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub