Overseas Barra opinions... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2002, 03:47   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Overseas Barra opinions...

European and US forum views on barra...
Why? Well sometimes a second and third point of view can be interesting.. Possible markets for Raptor? Possible markets for Barra?

I choose EVO and Car and driver forums because they are reasonably busy boards with a wide cross section of users.

http://forums.caranddriver.com/ubb/u...c&f=5&t=004446
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/wwwthre...=0&part=1&vc=1

The two threads I started I had to post some what hyped up unconfirmed specs etc.. Otherwise its very difficult to promt a reply. People are generally sceptical of things that sound promising but have heard nothing about.

General gist.. Plain. However Plain as in not exciting and not as Ugly..

Some seemed to be overly offended by my too much power comment.. But then sometimes to get a thread to start you have to toss in something contrivisal. Its all tounge in check tho.

I think the XR series might have some export potential in the UK. Provided they are wild enough. Forget the Fairmont/Fairlane/LTD,conservative T series, australian exports of cars to the UK will only ever really have a chance with wild untamed beasts with TVR munching stance and suitable specification. If people want plain conservative powerful motoring they will buy a BMW or Merc. The more outragous, impractial and unique the generally better.

Also of interest is the Graduate Recruitment program stuff up.. To those whom it may concern.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2002, 05:29   #2 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

They seem to be offended by your posting style on those forums Phido, calling them nazis and accusing them of being unable to handle powerful RWD cars is not going to endear the poms with you. They do get M3/M5s, Mercs, Astin Martins, etc you know?

I've been to the UK. Awesome roads, and the vast majority of them can actually drive properly, know how to use motorways at speed (London->Birmingham at 160k's in a Mondeo was ace) and it's made my criticism of our own driving standards even harsher!

Sticking to facts might have achieved less emotive responses.
Old 07-17-2002, 06:41   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

I have posted factual Australian centric news and received no comments before. My first post I think you will find merely hints at some voice saying these might be too powerful, which of course is true, people say that all the time about everything, motorbikes, cars, mowers, fans, computers etc..

DO you really think a picture of a BA forte would provolk any normal responce on these very competitive forums? It helps to have a small amount of flaming attached to keep threads up in higher pages.

Like I said, its all in good jest, many pick it up. Some take offense personally and will flame you no matter what you post. That is just how forums seem to work.

I understand well UK roads and its highly capable drivers. After all TVR, Maclaren, Lotus, Aston Martin, Nobel, Caterham, Westfield, etc are all local UK based performance car companies. Frankly if people are that overtly senstive or can't pick up on my humor then I generally disreguard there opinions anyway.

Perhaps someone with a little more tack may have more succecss in other forums..
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 09:00   #4 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Can't say I agree with your comments Iphido, Flaming is a crap way of keeping threads up there, just means i have to scroll further down the page.

There's some more comments from the US public about the barra at blueovalnews.com
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub