PD Open Day - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2002, 22:53   #1 (permalink)
Impatience is a virtue

PD Open Day

Howdi All,

Product Development had an open day yesterday in Broodi for family and relo's of workers in the area. Not a bad day, just lacking in numbers.

Got to tour the CAD area and 'touch and feel' the new BA and Focus range (including the XR6, Ghia, Fairmont, XT, ST170 and Zetec.) The Venom ute was there too - awesome machine! Also got a looking into the styling studio and purused the GT clay with four different wheels on it! Managed to jump into and crawl over an XR6-T too!

Geoff rocked up in his phantom purple XR6-T - what a machine!!

And this is my claim to fame - Simon Butterworth came over and had a geezer at my car! Yep, had a leisurely chat about the mods I've done to the head of design Asia Pacific. To top it all off, he walked around it, got in and out of it, took a dozen steps back and stated that it was a really good looking package!!! My head is just a little larger than normal now! So thanks Simon for making my week!

Bring on the BA Fairlane!!!

Cheers
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2002, 02:50   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Sounds like a good day mate. You got any piccies of your car? I for one would like to see it after Mr Butterworth is impressed!
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 04:44   #3 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

What is your car mate? I am guessing from your signature it's a Fairlane, but what model/engine/mods have you got?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 22:59   #4 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Its an NL Tickford Fairlane, 195kw engine, ELGT brakes, etc....
I just want one......
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 00:55   #5 (permalink)
Impatience is a virtue

After smiling all w/e with Simon B's comments, today, I copped this e-mail via my old man from Simon saying that I actually won second place in the concourse! (Mind you there was less than 10 cars). Apparently I've won a signed print of a Barra Falc! (Yep my head is still growing!!) Waahooo...

Yeah - I got pics. Unfortunately they were taken with a 4MB camera and I don't wanna reduce the res to post them. I'm thinking about putting them on a website - I'll get around to it eventually.

I'd love to say that I own an '98 (NL) FBT (Fairlane By Tickford), but when I bought this car, all the FBT's had been committed. There was no way I was going to wait till one came up second hand - especially seeing no-one really cares or knows what they are. Recently, I've seen about a dozen or so that have sold cheaper than offers I've had on mine. So I set about creating my own unique Fairlane with a combination of performance and luxury.

Anyway, I bought a NL V8 Special Edition and in con*****tion with an insider in the former Tickford, I went to town on the suspension, wheels, customised and built a new interior, audio, etc. (keeping the mods restrained). The result is (to me) just awesome! You know that feeling when you lock up the car, walk away and turn to check her and you smile 'coz yo know the effort to make her look that good or stand-out was purely the result of the hard work that you put in?! :s6:

I'll try to put a photo up on the gallery soon. Otherwise, I'll be taping the V8's on the 10th and taking her up to Melb on the cruise...

Cheers
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub