People under 26 are inferior? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2004, 17:29   #1 (permalink)

People under 26 are inferior?

Well at least according to the daily telegraph they are. In their latest anti-car article they list some of their road safety ideas. One of their ideas has some pretty insulting stuff in it:
"P-plate motorists under 26 will be banned from driving high-powered and heavy vehicles, while P1 holders – or those to have incurred demerit points – will be restricted to one passenger at a time."
I know that there are probably going to be a bit higher % of idiots in the under 26 age group but this is still ridiculous. They claim that the danger of young people driving high powered cars is that they lack experience, yet they propose new laws that would allow people over 26 that still lack experience to drive high powered cars. Its convenient that they suggest laws that won't affect themselves or their main audience isn't it. Why is descrimination against people of a certain age so politicaly correct? If someone was to suggest laws that only affect P-platers that are a certain race (which could probably be supported by the same irrelevant statistics the telegraph likes to use) there would be enormous outrage.

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/st...toryid=2302482
lizardmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2004, 17:39   #2 (permalink)
true blue thru & thru

Re: People under 26 are inferior?

i got a letter today from my local MP.
with a survey on if we think the restrictions on P platers is good or not.
we said he was a gainst it and is fighting for it to not happen, so im definately going to send in my survey.
Old 11-28-2004, 17:54   #3 (permalink)

yeah i got one about the curfews and all my mates said they got it as well and suprisingly most of them actually mailed it back to him
so hopefully it wont happen cause its not going to stop me driving espicially since i finish work at 1:30am
cause my parents will really pick me up at that time...

Protien, Creatine, and other supplements all below retail, PM me for a price list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
...his sheep shagging buddy with the loser sideburns.
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 20:12   #4 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

ah damn i still have 2 years to go till i am superior hehe.
Old 11-28-2004, 20:18   #5 (permalink)
true blue thru & thru

what about those young apprentaces who have saved hard to buy a Ute that will have the power and loading capacity to help them with there jobs, will they have to sell their cars and get a small 4 cylinder ute that wont be any use to them at all.............

I wish WE had a voice in all of this,
it seems they are just pounding us into submission without a chance for us to give our point of view.
i know alot of older parents would like to see these changes but they only see the governments side to it, they dont see how it will disadvantage SO MANY people, and also that it is wrong to disctiminate ALL young drivers.

im sick of it.

out sport is going down the drain & there is nothing we can do about it.
Old 11-28-2004, 21:25   #6 (permalink)
tough XF

for us younger ppl we dont have a voice theres no such thing untill your at least 50 its bs we had two deaths on our roads here on the weekend and you know what one was middle aged and the other elderly so they can show there beurocratic bullshit up there arse

http://www.red-line.tk
RaTTuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 22:14   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Let me get this straight. A 29 year old who never got their licence goes and gets it, and based on age is able to handle a 250 RWKW monster, yet a 21 year old who's about to get of their p's can't.

mmmmmmm logic. How the hell are people going to get experience if they aren't allowed to drive? The fact is, the moment they get off these stupid restrictions they are just as unexperienced. Age has nothing to do with it.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 23:04   #8 (permalink)
.au member

Bah. DT is nothing more than a rag and always will be.

Im looking at getting some stickers made up for cars - "I'm a P Plater and I vote".
Old 11-29-2004, 00:02   #9 (permalink)
Kill the Playboy Bunny!!

I have a friend from school, he has just bought a 300ZX with the help of his country (Embassadores son), and has had some work done to it. It is his pride and joy, he literally washes it *every* day, and if you ask for a ride he will say no. (unless you're a chick, heh ) Do you really think that these laws are going to stop him? I don't think so, even if he didn't have diplomatic immunity. What makes them think that anyone else is? Sure, if I drive stupidly and show off at every corner it is only a matter of time before a cop wants to look under the hood, but I don't think they are going to check on a completely stock (looking) 300ZX, or say...a 351 EA with a 3.9 badge (a very worked 351)
Old 11-29-2004, 02:48   #10 (permalink)
goooone

I'm 26 now so it doesn't directly effect me but I've had an 11 second car since I was 22 or so & have never got my self into mischief in it. Saying that I would hate to see some people in a car like that tho because a car like that needs to be respected & could bite you very easy if you were stupid.
I don't feel I am any better or different driver then I was at the start of the year when I was 25 they are looking for a quick & easy fix when the problem can only be fixed through real education & that can't be done in a couple of driving tests or even a quick lecture.
What troubles me about this is they don't have any real basis to prove that more kids are hurting themselves in high perfromance cars then average ones. You can still do 200 in most $13,990 econoboxes when most modern performance cars are far safer then them.

Last edited by Mr Jucy; 11-29-2004 at 03:09.
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub