Performance Enhancing Stickers - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2002, 13:17   #1 (permalink)

Question Performance Enhancing Stickers

Which stickers give you the most rwhp?
Does size or colour affect the hp rating?
What about placement?
I've heard that since the release of The Farce and the Ficticious a NOS sticker can give more rwhp gain than a FF sticker, is this true?
Can some stickers actually lose rwhp, like a Type R sticker on an XR8?
So much time, so little horsepower...

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2002, 13:20   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

As proven on a desktop dyno.. A FordForums.com Sticker can give enormous gains in rwhp. NOS stickers are over-rated IMO..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 13:25   #3 (permalink)

What about a BSR Racing sticker, are they as good as FF sticker?

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Old 03-12-2002, 13:54   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

A BSR sticker is still under development. Latest test results indicate that it out strips a FF sticker by a ratio of 15:1 in hp results. We are currently trying to reduce the amount of hp down to a "usable daily drivable" level.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
Old 03-12-2002, 14:36   #5 (permalink)

What about LSUG stickers, I've heard the dyno can't handle them, too much power, just have trouble getting the power to the ground!

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Old 03-12-2002, 14:48   #6 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

small FF stickers will give about a 50rwkw increase. large FF stickers will give approx 60rwkw.

HUGE rear window sized stickers - if they include the ford or tickford logo will give approx 40rwkw increase.

Type R stickers on non honda's actually decrease the cars power. (the same with TRD stickers on non toyota's)

But the biggest increase - that is DYNO PROVEN.... add a sticker of a boy pissing on a HSV logo - and you will get a 70 rwkw increase. (refer to a pale blue EB sedan 6cyl, in the TOCNSW dyno day)
Old 03-12-2002, 15:19   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by FM
A BSR sticker is still under development. Latest test results indicate that it out strips a FF sticker by a ratio of 15:1 in hp results. We are currently trying to reduce the amount of hp down to a "usable daily drivable" level.
does this meen that all us non BSR members are going to have to fit 15 FF stickers to keep up, or will the effect of the FF sticker be reduced if you put too many on?
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 15:41   #8 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

I put a Tickford sticker on the rear window of the XR, and immediately noticed that the XR was revving much more freely, with great gains in top end power. Bemused, I took it to my local dyno proprietor and lo and behold, that small Tickford sticker resulted in an extra 35 rwkw! I was most surprised; it was, quite simply, the best and cheapest mod I've ever done to a car.
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 15:51   #9 (permalink)

The extra weight and aerodynamics might have a negative effect on perfomance.
FM - where are the dyno figures to back up your claims? Does the XR8 sticker on the Festy give any frontwhp gains?

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Old 03-12-2002, 16:03   #10 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

XR8 sticker is not a performance enhancing sticker. It's made from a different material which adds weight to the car hence no improvement in HP..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub