Petition against alternative fuel excise! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2003, 07:10   #1 (permalink)
F*#K the government

Petition against alternative fuel excise!

http://www.treasurer.gov.au/tsr/cont...s/2003/031.asp

I have started a petition http://www.PetitionOnline.com/01072008/petition.html in regards to the excise that will be on LPG, LNG and CNG in 2008.

I will also be posting something similar on other forums and a link to the petition.

The main one that concerns me is LPG, I am licensed to install and work on LNG and CNG but I due to the problems with containing or filling of those fuels I am not as worried about them, but still they should not have an excise on them, the fuels are more environmentally friendly than other fuels including diesel.

For the still limited vehicles running alternate fuels (including LPG), there should not be any tax on installation or the fuel itself, Australian should try to lead the world for reducing toxic emissions, but with a government against looking after the environment it doesn’t look good.

For the books, I originally started my trade as a diesel mechanic with STA NSW on buses, (I have worked in two Ford Dealerships ) I am licensed to fit/work on LPG, LNG and CNG, I do not work as a mechanic anymore and do not have any financial interests concerning alternative fuels.

I do believe that research into alternative fuels will reduce if an excise is brought in, i.e. why would someone fit and run LPG if the fuel cost the same to run as petrol, with the installation cost it would be ludicrous to do it, only a minor few may do it for the environment.

Please post your thoughts on the subject.

Some of you will not know what CNG(Compressed natural gas), LNG(Liquefied Natural Gas) or even what LPG(Liquefied Petroleum Gas) stand for. So now, you know.

If you want more info, please post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2003, 13:12   #2 (permalink)

Good one Damage,

C'mon everybody, this is important, if not for you, for the bloody old pensioners who will be forking out more in taxi fares.

Old 05-16-2003, 15:44   #3 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

This gov is getting a little greedy!!!
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 16:27   #4 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

I said it before, and I'll say it again. They give us a small tax break, and BOOM!!!! Every thing else goes up. The Screw us over in the name of helping us. Pfft. They suck.

BOOOO!! HISSS!!!
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 18:07   #5 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

This is a direct result of Governments or Government Deptartments, trying to pick winners in industry. Australia has a poor record at this.
How long does any industry need to get established via subsidy/protection? At some stage it has to compete for the resources it requires.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:48   #6 (permalink)

damage181;
Just a small point but all of the gases you mentioned are compressed not just natural gas.

Good luck with your petition I for one will support it.
Old 05-17-2003, 04:19   #7 (permalink)
You can do eeeit!

Yep, just confirming there are no virgins in this society. As stated below.

3FB - The Official Site for cruising, eating and talking shite click here.

Member of the FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

3FB Mesh Bandit #2: 2002 AUIII XR6 HP _Oo===oO_
Dark_Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 04:23   #8 (permalink)
F*#K the government

Quote:
Originally posted by DRU842
This is a direct result of Governments or Government Deptartments, trying to pick winners in industry. Australia has a poor record at this.
How long does any industry need to get established via subsidy/protection? At some stage it has to compete for the resources it requires.
The problem here is not competing for resources; petrol has had a huge head start on LPG.
Petrol has been around for a long time, it is easier to contain and the fuel companies would prefer to keep it that way, big companies only do things for profit not the environment unless they are made to do so.
Therefore, if LPG/CNG/LNG gets an excise and brings its cost closer to petrol why would the companies even sell it when it cost more to transport and contain. With the higher price even less people will use it.

Quote:
Originally posted by John McMaster
damage181;
Just a small point but all of the gases you mentioned are compressed not just natural gas.

Good luck with your petition I for one will support it.
Yes all of the gases are compressed, but only LNG and LPG are liquefied, LPG liquefies under compression, it is probable to liquefy at -30c as that is its boiling point, CNG will not liquefy due to compression, it does liquefy at about -150c, that is where it becomes a LNG.
I could be off a bit as I got my certificate for LPG/CNG back in 92 as a fourth year apprentice.

I will go and do some refreshing of the memory.

Thanks for supporting it!

I will always have a love for LPG, sort of like the brand of car you prefer, I currently do not even have a car that runs on it!! However, if the excise comes in we can kiss more research into it bye bye.
Old 05-17-2003, 04:55   #9 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Q: Why is it, LPG is priced according to international oil pricings, when Australia has it's own domestic beds???

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 05:00   #10 (permalink)
F*#K the government

Quote:
Originally posted by mongrelEB
Q: Why is it, LPG is priced according to international oil pricings, when Australia has it's own domestic beds???
A shit international trade agreement!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub