Photos Online - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2002, 01:31   #1 (permalink)
FORDXR

Photos Online

I have noticed that 90% of people who put images of there car on this webpage have blacked out there plate. I canít understand why.

Because the way I see it, I drive my car nearly everyday and 1000s of people see my number plate on my car (big deal) and heaps off people even see me drive it into my driveway everyday when I get home.
And if some bastard wants my car he will take it (well try to anyway its not going with out a fight I tell you that much)

And its not like you can look me up from my number plate unless you have access to COPs which is the software used by the police or you work for the RTA where in that case you can look me up anyway (or anyone else).
If anyone has any reasons I have over looked please let me know..

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2002, 01:36   #2 (permalink)
aurora

I'm with you, my plate is still on 1 photo in new showroom
No big deal
Old 05-25-2002, 01:44   #3 (permalink)
Copyright ÔŅĹ2003

Some people feel (me included) that as there are some nasty types out there that can access this forum and the info and pics of members cars, that it's safer not to advertise the plates on their cars.

The hundreds of people who see all of our plates daily, would have no idea of the mods some of us have in our cars. If a would be theif came on here, happened to see a car that he has seen driving around, on the forums, he would basically know whats in it. Especially if the plates are personalized and stand out.

To be fair the chances are very small of this happening, but it's a risk I'm not willing to take. :bs4:

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 01:45   #4 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

When a car is cruising on the street it is not really easy to tell if they have made serious mods to it or not. When online on a forum like this you can see exactly what mods they have done etc, if the plates are displayed and the theif is interested in that car because of it's mods it is easier to track down, rather then if the plates are not displayed, so it is harder to identify an indivudual vehicle.

I don't see a problem with people blanking out plates, it does no harm, and if the owner feels more secure that way so be it.
If you don' wanna blank out plates then thats fine too...

Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 02:11   #5 (permalink)
FORDXR

A good answer to my question thanks

But also you have to remember that in this forum you have club runs and club days and in that you tell the whole world where your car will be and on what day.
And you donít have to look at a number plate to know that a lot of these cars are modified and have a tensity to stand out a bit anyway.

Here are some helpful tips anyway
Worth a read
http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/search/...ionID=eastwood
Old 05-25-2002, 06:06   #6 (permalink)
gone

I have been contacted by a member of this forum via plates displayed in a photo of my xr some 8 months ago!

So I agree with answers above -blank your plates out!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 06:20   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Yet it doesn't worry me ... my car is so obvious that half my street knows where it lives .. it's a long street and I don't take it out much.
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 06:48   #8 (permalink)
Chromed Member

Quote:
Originallcar y posted by XA coupe
Yet it doesn't worry me ... so obvious that half my street knows where it lives .. it's a long street and I don't take it out much.

yeah, i agree, you should really keep it in your pants XA!
botch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 07:19   #9 (permalink)
ESP Man

I think it is best to blank your plates out and be as anonymous as you can on any forum as there are crooks in every industry and no doubt the RTA has their share with thieves willing to buy info so they can steal your car.
As a matter of interest, is it just a case of deleting the plate before scanning the photo, or is there some other way of doing it?
Old 05-25-2002, 14:04   #10 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Most folks just do it so that they can not be identified from the web where they are touting the mods and $$ they have sunk in. But of course if someone wants to steal it they will.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub