Pitbulls the problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2004, 04:01   #1 (permalink)

Pitbulls the problem

I by no means like these dogs as i have seen first hand the damage they can do and belive that fighting is in their nature. But once viewing this clip it puts things into perspective and makes one think is it man or monster who creates this horror.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/11454716/

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2004, 04:36   #2 (permalink)
XR82GO

Re: Pitbulls the problem

Very well put together Flash video there. And the side of the story you don't see that much of.

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:46   #3 (permalink)

Not a fan of these dogs at all after seeing my mate get mauled by his own and having to kill it to get it off his arm. Dog wasn't mistreated or abused no real explination for the attack it was playfull one minute and physco the next. But it makes sense to me. Having owned a border collie since i was 10 ive never seen it grwol or show its teeth at anyone but when i got in a blue out front of my house my dog went nuts, never touched the bloke but barked and growled like i never heard b4 and hasn't done it again to this day.

Old 10-20-2004, 04:49   #4 (permalink)

BTW i stole it from SVTperformance.com not mine.

Old 10-20-2004, 05:09   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I have a 15 month old Staffy x Pitbull. He is a very sweet and affectionate dog and would seriously never hurt a fly. I play rough with him but all i have to say is the word "gentle" and he goes from growling and wrestling me to sitting down next to me. "Love you" and i get a big lick on the face. Maybe it is his Staffy side but he is very timid. If he digs a hole or chews something i dont even have to raise my voice or look at him, i just point at what he has done and he hides under the table or drops onto his belly and the look in his eyes breaks my heart so i forgive him. I have seen savage chihouwas (sp) and savage poodles, timid rotties and cuddly ridgebacks and i am a firm believer that it is the owner that makes the dog what it is. My family have had 4 dogs since i was born and all have been great. They will wrestle and play but at night they will lay on your lap and sleep or maul you with kisses. Diesel (my staffy) will go from barking and growling and wrestling me to sitting obediently being patted when my 2yr old cousin walks up. Ive even seen them share an icecream and lick it off each others mouths. The owner makes the dog. Show a dog nothing but love and it will return it, treat them badly and they will remember it. Older dogs can be an exception to this because just like people they can get cranky when they are old and this has to be taken into consideration. Dogs are also like people in the respect that every now and again you can come across a bad egg and measures have to be taken. That said, if my dog showed the slightest bit of aggression towards myself or my family/friends i would have him put down. It would absolutely break my heart but i would not take the risk. At the end of the day, he is my pet, my best mate, my son and i will trust and respect him until he proves that he deserves otherwise.

I just watched the Flash and the start of it nearly brought me to tears. I dont know how anyone could treat dogs like that. The second part made me smile though because so many photos there reminded me of Diesel!

Last edited by BlueAU; 10-20-2004 at 05:38.
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 06:30   #6 (permalink)
in the chopshop workshop

Blue AU i know how you feel, b4 i watched that i was one of the guys who though pitbulls were evil natured, now afta watching that i feel heaps sorry for pitbull, almost brought a tear to the eye when they showed them being abused, anybody who can do that to any animal should get teh exact same treatment done to them tenfold, its bloody awful if you ask me!

damn getting fired up here, need some iced coffee...........
Old 10-20-2004, 15:30   #7 (permalink)
www.radclan.com

That was one of the best things i have seen in a long time, a mate I have here in Orange breeds pitbulls for showdogs. If you ever want to know about the breed and know what they are like, ask someone who breeds them and knows about them, and they will show you how beautiful they are and sooky they can be.

It is all on how the owner brings them up, sure the pitbull / american staffie have a high pain threshold which makes them good fighting dogs and have lots of stamina, but depending on how they are raised and treated, is what you see as the end result.

Most people who know nothing about the dogs are the ones who dont like them. I've seen more vicious cattledogs and german shepards then pitbulls

Liquid Silver 2001 AUII XR8 Ute - K&N Filter - T Series Intake - AU3 Clear Side Indicators - BA Scuff Plates - More details soon to come
xcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 15:43   #8 (permalink)
known as tibbo

I have a Staffie and a poodle.. THe poodle is the aggresive one of the pair.. So much of a dogs temperament is how they are trained and treated.. Pi$$es me off people that dont care for pets and animals correctly
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 16:17   #9 (permalink)
www.fpvxrclubact.com

I hope that clip teaches the naive people out there that it is very rarely the dogs fault in these attacks, people dont look at how the dog has been treated or brought up.
It p##ses me off the way alot of these dogs are treated and the way that they are perceived by people who know absolutely nothing about the breed.
I have a pure bread english staffie and he is the biggest sook you have ever seen, but he will do anything to protect myself and my family.
Learn about the breed before you criticise them.

Hoops
Old 10-20-2004, 21:08   #10 (permalink)

It is very rare that a pitbull will bite someone, because there is simply not that many around compared to the average dog, but do you notice that when an attack occurs, they say "pitbull mauls", and it isnt a pitbull at all...
I have a 2 year pld staffy, and he is the cutest, most placid dog, and when i walk him, people cross the road thinking that hes a savage pitbull, when all he wants is to say hello and get a pat on the head...
Its such a shame to see that people can treat such a beautiful, loyal animal like this, maybe they should have the same treatment forced upon them and see how they like it.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub