Playstation news - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2002, 19:39   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up Playstation news

From the Daily Telegraph

Watchdog hails Playstation ruling

29jul02

THE consumer watchdog has hailed a Federal Court decision that allows Sony Playstation owners to modify their consoles to play imported and copied games.

The decision, handed down on Friday, came after the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) came to the aid of a Sydney man being sued by Sony for selling and installing Playstation modifications.
The court ruled that the man's actions did not breach the Copyright Act.

ACCC chairman professor Allan Fels said the decision meant Australian buyers could now have their Playstations "chipped" - that is, modified to play games from all region of the world.

Without such a chip, the coding in Playstation means it will play games only from the region in which it was manufactured.

"Australian consumers can now enjoy games legitimately bought overseas, as well as authorised back-up copies, by legally having their consoles chipped," Prof Fels said.

He said recent amendments to the Copyright Act meant it was illegal to make or supply a device designed to overcome copyright protection, providing those measures had no commercially significant purpose other than protecting copyright.

But the court had found that Sony's efforts to protect its copyright went beyond the provisions of the Copyright Act.

It also found the Sydney man had sold unauthorised copies of Playstation games.

Sony said it was disappointed with the court decision and is considering whether to appeal against the finding in the case.

It said the judgment was out of step with the finding in a similar case in the UK, and called into question the value of recent copyright law changes.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2002, 23:26   #2 (permalink)

i was wonderin where all those advertisments were going in the trading post now im gonna get mine done yesssssssssss!!!!!.......
Old 07-29-2002, 00:37   #3 (permalink)
351 - What a magic number

Cool... what's the best chip for a PS2??????

Ed :)

HSV - I just don't want one....EVER!

My XF 3 on the tree ute is ALWAYS stuck in third......
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 00:44   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by XR8ED

probably the messiah but its like $350 and you don't need any boot disc...... neo 4 is supposed to be good too...... the "advanced" chip ($240 with boot disc and choice of memory card or DVD remote) is supposed to be good too........ i should be getting the "advanced" chip soon...
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 02:47   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by XR8ED

Yes, Good news for us all with PS2's.
Now for the type of mod chip, here is a link to a nice comparo chart which details all the different capabilities
COMPARO CHART

Russell.
Messiah or Magic2 for games and Neo 4.5 for some DVD fetures also would be my pics
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 08:09   #6 (permalink)
Yeah .... I am here

are the chips on modchip.com anygood ???? anyone know ???
XR8fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub

« N/t | Motor Mag »