Please Help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2001, 21:46   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

frown

Guys, and all you Photo Shop experts, I need your help.
I have have this photo, about 50 years old and full of wrinkles, cresses, lines and tears, and It has a lot of sentimental value. It is in very bad shape, I went to a profesinol photo restoration place and they quoted me $380, and they cant garentee that it'll be done properly.
It is a photo of my great grand parents and my mum loves it to bits, I would like to get it restored but I cant afford it, this is where you come in, email me and I will email you guys a digital photo of it, see what you can do with photoshop or what ever. I'm gonna give it to my mother for her birthday in a few months.
Please don't use it for anything else.

Email me: priteshpatel99@hotmail.com

Thanks Guys
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2001, 13:59   #2 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

Pritesh if the photo doesn't have a picture of a Ford on it don't bother - give her some spirits. :D
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 18:19   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

well sorry for bothering you guys.
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 08:15   #4 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

Pritesh,

mate - you really need to get it onto a scanner to do any worthwhile photoshop work on it - a digital camera shot just wont cut it. My scanner does a 1200dpi scan, and its only a cheapie Canon. If you have a friend who can scan the photo for ya, zip it up and I'll see what I can do for you. Just remember to scan at the highest res you can, cause the more data you have to start with, the more you can play.

BTW - I don't know what kind of photo places you have in NZ, but I know Fletchers Fotographic in Sydney does digital restores for about $60 for normal sized image.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub