Please help Australian diabetics - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2004, 05:22   #1 (permalink)
Now driving an XF Falcon.

Please help Australian diabetics

From the JDRF website (http://www.jdrf.org.au/) :

Help Us Secure $25 million - PLEASE ACTION TODAY!
2-Sep-2004

Dear friends,

We urgently need your help TODAY to secure support for an Islet Transplant Global Centre of Excellence in Australia.

This virtual centre will both perform transplants of insulin-producing islet cells to restore insulin production in people with Type 1 diabetes, and will undertake world-leading research about developing this procedure into a viable cure for all people with type 1 diabetes.

Discussions are currently underway about securing agreement from the Government as part of the current federal election campaign promises.

For this to succeed, we URGENTLY need to demonstrate support from as many people in the community as possible. PLEASE take 2 minutes yourself, and encourage your friends, colleagues and family to also SEND AN EMAIL to Minister Abbott TODAY.

Please help us move Australian diabetes research forward by sending an email to the Federal Minister for Health, Mr Tony Abbott TODAY with the wording below (or similar).

Sheila Royles
Chief Executive
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

P.S. More information about the proposed centre can be found at http://www.jdrf.org.au/islets.pdf A thorough briefing on recent advances and applications of islet transplantation can be found at http://www.jdrf.org.au For further queries, dont hesitate to contact JDRF Head office on 02 9966 0400.

EMAIL ADDRESS: Tony.Abbott.MP@aph.gov.au

SAMPLE EMAIL:

Minister Abbott,

Please can I ask you to speak to our Prime Minister today about supporting JDRFs proposal to establish an Islet Transplant Global Centre of Excellence.

[Include your experience of living with type 1 if appropriate]

We desperately hope for a cure for juvenile diabetes and ask for your help at this time.

[Insert Your Name & Home Address]

Thank you very much for your support.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2004, 05:32   #2 (permalink)
Proud Aussie Girl!

Re: Please help Australian diabetics

done and done!

Even if you're not Australian, this is going to be research that will be ground breaking so it will benefit people world wide.

Please send off an email, it only takes 5 minutes. I'd love to see it eradicated before my time's up. As I'm sure other diabetics would also.
LuvinmyEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 06:30   #3 (permalink)
Who? Me?

Yes everyone, please support this.

I really hate sticking 4 needles in me every day as well as pricking myself 4 times for blood.

Its a damn good cause
EA_Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 06:32   #4 (permalink)
Now driving an XF Falcon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_Bender
Yes everyone, please support this.

I really hate sticking 4 needles in me every day as well as pricking myself 4 times for blood.

Its a damn good cause
Same here, which is part of the reason I posted this here, it affects me personally, as well as other people I know...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 06:28   #5 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Done and done. I don't personally know anyone who suffers from Type 1 diabetes, however someone very close to me had Type 2, so anything relating to Diabetes immediately makes me sit up and take notice.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:22   #6 (permalink)
He without "fastness"

My isp refused to send it for some reason, that sucks. Ive known a couple of people with type 1, but i plan to have kids one day and diabetes is something i dont want my own kids to have to live with.

Coming Mods: Multipoint Fuel, 5spd conversion.

The worlds most effective pickup line: Hey, can you tell me if you think that this rag smells like chloroform?
SoulReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 09:45   #7 (permalink)
Proud Aussie Girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulReaver
My isp refused to send it for some reason, that sucks. Ive known a couple of people with type 1, but i plan to have kids one day and diabetes is something i dont want my own kids to have to live with.
Weird about your ISP not letting you send it. Do you have a Yahoo or Hotmail account you could send one from?

No, diabetes is something I would not wish upon anyone, I worry about my son constantly even though I'm type 2. Living with The Maddestman really opened my eyes to how incredibly hard it can be and is to lead a relatively 'normal' life. Not that type 2 is a breeze at times.
LuvinmyEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 14:06   #8 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

I will give you 10000000%support on this.My friend here in Sydney is the man who invented eyelet cell transplants.He is a top bloke but has been waiting for this governments support as well!!!!!
http://www.usyd.edu.au/su/surgery/st..._westmead.html
he is on this link His name is Wayne Hawthorne.If you want to contact him tell him stav posted here.We used to play sport together before my accident ...And I am seriously considering talkback radio on this topic so that the world can hear about this..All diabetes are cured by this procedure if I am not mistaken ..but the government is playing down this world exclusive breakthrough...You can only wildly guess that it may be pressure from the big drug companies who wont be selling insulin any more!!! This does appear to be the price of human health..I think we should all send a message to Canberra that we will not let our loved ones /friends or acquaintances die because because if they dont go ahead i will be the first vote againt them!!
If ford forums members unite this can be where we make a real difference!!!
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 21:31   #9 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Hey I posted here again because I saw my mate who has been fighting for support for the EXISTING CURE FOR DIABETES!!!!!!!
Yes ..no needles no medicine...no fatalities..no blindness..The cure IS AVAILABLE...but John Howard is refusing to fund it and is just ignoring it!!!

If you have fully blown diabetes ,or a loved one has it , it can be cured in 1 operation.HOWEVER JOHN HOWARD DOES NOT CARE IF YOU ARE SICK NOR IF YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!!! OTHERWISE HE WOULD SUPPORT THIS WORTHY LIFE SAVING CAUSE INSTEAD OF IGNORING THE LETTERS AND CALLS FOR HELP!!!

BE AWARE THAT IS ALL.........
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 21:51   #10 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Doing it now. Both my parents are type 2 diabetics, but Dad is about to require injections as opposed to diet control with a few tablets. My Mum is also getting pretty bad. I reckon I will have it one day too.

I will also forward the e-mail around to a few people as well.
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub